Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to replace the hard mat in the engine bay. First, what's is it called? Second, anyone know where I can find it?

Is it meant to be a bit of a heat shield? A water or a mud deflector?

In doing the engine recently, the original '78 stuff, as you can imagine was dried out & cracked.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If your talking about the rubber mats that go between the frame rails and the inner fenders (along with the other small pieces) they are mainly for water deflection. You can get new ones I believe from LMC, but not sure who else may carry them.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
238 Posts
I’m missing my driver side engine mat. I think they’re for water/mud. doesnt really matter to me anymore since my truck sits inside now.

·
Registered
28,509 Posts
its a " splash shield"
R - 4215 536
L - 4215 665

Reactions: subwoofer88

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I’m missing my driver side engine mat. I think they’re for water/mud. doesnt really matter to me anymore since my truck sits inside now.
Mine's a 'dry' vehicle to. The lack of a roof gives me away.

I was hoping that rubber might heat deter too. Just a bit warmer with the headers through the firewall.

Thx!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was hoping that rubber might heat deter too. Just a bit warmer with the headers through the firewall.
Most people would use Dynamat or lizard skin type products to insulate from the engine heat in the cab.

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
That link is going to help with both of my trucks! Thankyou !!!

Reactions: Mad Max
1 - 12 of 12 Posts