Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
use the 2 starter attachment bolts/nuts  a horseshoe shape with 2 tabs where the starter bolts on . Stay away from the battery cable fer sure.... 

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
They make universal heat shield wraps, that wrap around, and are held on with velcro, springs, and other ways. IMO, worth taking a look at. Just be aware, many of the flexible styles use a ceramic woven type of insulation, that gets fragile after it gets real hot, not an issue, except that down the road, they may not be able to be taken off, and used again on a replacement starter.

There is also many aftermarket metal ones mostly for chebbys, But I think some will fit most any mini starter. Some held on by spring clips, some by large hose clamps.

Just go crazy with Google, you might even see a style that you could make your self.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
For years I used old license plates to make a heat shield.  Then I started using the newer mini starters and never had a problem with them, even with headers, so I don't bother with it anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.