Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 Dodge 1 ton dually pickup 2wd with a 318. I have been looking for a set of headers for it and can't find a set. Does anybody know where I can find a set? I got the truck for $500 and don't want to spend too much for a set.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Hedman makes them, i have them on my truck

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I've got the headman's, decently priced.
-Steve C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from what I was told the 1 ton chassis is different then 3/4 and 1/2 ton. I tried summit they list for it but they won't fit. the only headers they said would fit was a set of Thorley Tri-Y Headers at $330 a set.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I am using the hedman header, the same 1 they say doesn't or isn't available for the 1 ton

·
Registered
230 Posts
and one else having a problem with the front driveshaft rubbing on the hedmans mine hit the pasenger side collector?i was thinking it might be just becasue my front springs are shit. but figure it don't hurt to ask

jason

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Damn i have no idea how your collector is coming anywhere near that d-shaft

·
Registered
230 Posts
with the springs sagging i know the shaft is lower than normal but i'm not sure if thats the whole problem.when the suspension compresses it willactually push the drive shaft to the drivers side .at first i couldn't figure our why i was wearing out front yokes so now i'm gonna replace the front spings and see if that helps if not i may try a different brand of headers.i hate to try to bend it over some becasue i paid over 500 for the exhaust system not including the headers

jason

1 - 14 of 14 Posts