Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a little problem with my eyes on a 93 RC. The lights will go out when driving down the road, flip the dimmer switch a few times and they come back on (so far anyway). The connector to one of bulbs looked bad, so i cut it off and replaced it with another thinking it was drawing too much current and activating the circuit breaker. It was fine for a few days then started doing it again. If I unplug that light the other stays on just fine.

I'm thinking there's something wrong in that part of the harness, maybe I didn't get a good soldier on them or something. But is there any chance this could be the dimmer switch or the on/off swich contributing to the problem.

A little background on the truck: had it for two years, put about 40k on it. Never really had any trouble with the wiring, but it did have an alarm in it when I got the truck but I ripped that out when I put in my brake controler, I hate all the splicing and I don't need an alarm in Iowa. Also, don't know if this means anything but the guy that had the truck before me put in some Hella lamps but thought I'd mention it incase anyone has had any probs with them

Thanks for any input
Charger3

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Replace the dimmer switch. (Common problem)

-SM

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys, I thought that might be causing problems. Just don't know why it doesn't act up when I unplug one of the lights, I suppose if it's only drawing half the current the switch is happy.

Charger3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts