Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was swapping some bulbs in my truck, the 78 w200, as some had been replaced through the years and some were brighter than others. Just wanted all the same. So using 1156s for reverse and 1157s for the tail lights. Got everything in and turned hazards on and noticed my reverse lights flash as well as the tail lights, is this normal? It doesnt seem like it is. They also faintly flash with the turn signals as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I think I know what happened. I tested them before I put the lense back on and before reinstalling the entire assembly back on the truck. I put them back together reinstalled them and now they work fine. So my theory is these light ground through the assembly to the body of the truck, is this correct? Further input appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Yes, the '70s bodystyle ground through the metal taillamp housing to the bed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. Quick resolve, mind kind of problem.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
If your lights still have different brightness after changing the bulbs, clean up the ground contacts and replace ground wires. Different resistances will alter the intensity.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did that. All the same brightness now. Just some really old bulbs that were getting dark. Some corrosion as well. All is good now. Just through me off when I went to make sure everything worked and the reverse bulbs were flashing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.