Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys. got the timing chain replaced. found out i have another problem (other than the chain having almost a full inch of play) my harmonic balancer has slipped. the timing mark isn't where it is supposed to be. I am having a problem finding a stock balancer for this truck, any ideas? any although performance is important, price must be considered. lol.

·
Registered
936 Posts
junk yard, engine machine shop, dodge dealer, or you could just slap the old one back in and put a new mark on the balancer...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would not reuse that balancer, it's dead, junk it. Might try contacting mopar or other engine builders to see if they have an old one laying around. Swap meets, drag races with swap meets would also be another avenue. I think old dampers should be replace with new ones for the very reason you need one. They lose their ability to stay in place after many years, whether they are being used or not.

·
Registered
145 Posts
http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductDetail.cfm?ProductId=1235

i got mine at napa but dont remember what i paid for it was not to bad

this place has one but is more at 135.00 but is a nice part it is a bhj
http://maurersperformance.com/partscatalog.asp

i did buy a bhj for a nother enging and my self will olny
use them any more try to stay away from off shore makers
like powerforce lot of people having problems.
you could also send yours to dampner doctors they will
rebuild it will be better than new

·
Registered
40 Posts
it depends if you have a 318 or 360. 318 is internally balanced, so the balancer is more of a damper. 360 is externally balnced, so balancer is just that. for off road only rigs, it dont matter that much. sumthin else will kill the motor long before being a little out of balance.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
What you wanna do is get in contact with eric (intenseimages), he's gotta have a couple laying around :) (seriously, i think i saw at least two in his shed when I was there). Other than that, do what these guys say, or post up and see if someone on here has one sitting in a corner...

derek

·
7,995 Posts
I don't know if there is a difference between one for a 72 318 and your 69 318 but here goes any way.

Damper Dudes or Damper Doctor, both are in Redding, CA.

Damper Dudes
5509 Cedar Rd #2
Redding, CA 96001
United States
800-413-2673 530-244-7225
Fax: 530-244-2690

Damper Doctor
1055 Parkview Ave.
Redding, CA 96001
(530) 246-2984 or Fax 530-246-2987
EMAIL: [email protected]

Dorman makes one but it says it's for 72 on up?
Item Number: 594-021
Description: Harmonic Balancers
Brand: DORMAN
Application: 1993-72 3.9L (239), 5.2L (318), 5.6L (340) Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Dodge Truck
Attributes:
Type : Solid
Diameter : 7-1/4" Dia.
Width : 2-1/2" Wide
Weight : 8 lbs
Hollander # : 309-218
Make & OE# : Chrysler 4173443

NAPA? Item#: BK 6005222
Price: $ 83.49

This place claims to have the Dorman balancer for $58?
www.autoparts-site.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.