Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well for you guys that hand load i would like to hear back from you, i like to shoot hand gun competition, using my sig P220 .45acp, i have a lee press and a lyman spartan which i am currently using, with lyman dies. i am not using a powder measure despenser combo, but rather a set of cups, and a funnel, i find that i get a more accurate measure this way and every other round i measure the powder on a scale for my practice ammo and every round on the competetion ammo. i am using bullseye powder and change the type up everynow and then depending on what i am using the rounds for. i cast my own bullets out of old tire weights, and my father in law jackets them for me, yes even my competetion bullets, this saves me about $2,000.00 a year in bullets, and i bought around 12,000 rounds of military .45acp ammo from a government surplus. the military brass is match grade and has thicker walls, so i am able to reload each peice around 15 times before junking it. where do all of you get your reloading supplies, and what are you guys doing to be creative, and has anyone loaded the .357 sig round that is the .40 casing bottle necked to a .357 round, i have gotten mine hot loaded to 2200fps now that does vibrate my gun more than i like to but i wanted to see if i could do it. don't really recomend it though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Glock 20, 1911 Delta Elite with many mods, and a S&W 1006. All 10mm so it makes reloading easier. Anyways, I have a lee press and dies, I bought to learn on. Someday I wish to get a Dillion 650. For brass I found a range that sold me a 5 gallon bucket full for $50. Can't beat that. Seems like due to shipping lead, primer and powder is always cheaper locally. I usually load light loads for practice using AA#2, 180 grain lead, and Rem primers. For hunting new starline brass, CCI mag primers, Blue Dot, with 200 grain Xtps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is starline brass good stuff?, i order all of my stuff through midwayarms, it is local but they do mostly mail order and it is all reloading, you can get everything from them and they will send you a free catalog if you go to www.midwayusa.com they have starline but i have never heard of them, andrew how do you like the remington primers, have you had any problems with them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Starline is top notch. It seems to be thicker (visibly) than most other brass. For my heavy hunting loads I use it. My Glock has issues with hard primers (Win WLP primers). Rem primers seems to be softer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Starline is top notch. It seems to be thicker (visibly) than most other brass. For my heavy hunting loads I use it. My Glock has issues with hard primers (Win WLP primers). Rem primers seems to be softer.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great i will check out the starline and i understand on the hard primers thing, i have a smith that is that way. but i don't like shooting reloads through it : it takes the factory ammo and shoots them better than all my hand loads i have tried

·
Registered
647 Posts
My .357 Magnums are 7.0 grains of Unique with a West Coast Bullets 158 Gr SWC. My old SW Model 19 loves it.
Even better is .38 specials with 4. grains of Unique with same bullets. Its a pip squeek load but my kids put all six shots in a one inch square with my S&W 19..
AndrewT Yea the 10MM rocks. I had a Glock in 10mm. I Fkd up and traded it for a custom .45. I still kick myself for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts