Dodge RamCharger Central banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I agree that is what is going in. The current used vehicle market also doesnt help.

I cant take my truck out of the garage without someone asking me what I want for it. I have had numerous offers from people to buy it, especially in the last year. All that govt money I guess is burning holes in peoples pockets. I havnt given anyone a number yet, I am too afraid they will say yes.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I agree that is what is going in. The current used vehicle market also doesnt help.

I cant take my truck out of the garage without someone asking me what I want for it. I have had numerous offers from people to buy it, especially in the last year. All that govt money I guess is burning holes in peoples pockets. I havnt given anyone a number yet, I am too afraid they will say yes.
I get people stopping by asking to buy parts. I need to get these under carports and hidden before the market really takes off.

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
That's cuz Chevy and Ford owners think they have gold plated trucks. They priced themselves out of the competition and people know they can turn to the mopar trucks for a better price... and eventually a better return.
Heck if you think our trucks rust the, 72-80 Chebbys are dust by now.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Heck if you think our trucks rust the, 72-80 Chebbys are dust by now.
They must be. The full top 67-72 and 73-75 blazers are hard to find, and when you do find them... $$$$$

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,794 Posts
Our trucks are in that sweet spot right now where the prices to buy them in rough shape are still cheap. The rise in popularity and prices for our trucks restored or modified hasn't yet reached the used market. I still see the bone stock 70's Dodge's go for around $2000 CAD or less in typical condition. That's cheap to me because you won't typically find a Ford or Chev or even a Jeep or International go for that price in rough shape, those typically start in the $5,500 range. Parts prices are stupid when it comes to the Dodge's but Buying a complete truck in typical condition is not so bad especially considering how much they are selling for now. I think anything old is going to continue to grow in value until the financial system collapses.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,794 Posts
When the public catches on to how much the Dodge's are getting these days, the used prices will rise with it. I remember finding a '72 'Cuda 340 back in 1988 and got it for $2,000 in normal condition (little bit of rust here and there but nothing serious) and now, about a year ago, I found a 318 '74 Barracuda all clapped out sitting along the side of a house and needed a million dollars to bring it back to life and the guy wants $10,000 CAD for it. I was like -say what?! Our trucks aren't there yet thankfully.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
When the public catches on to how much the Dodge's are getting these days, the used prices will rise with it. I remember finding a '72 'Cuda 340 back in 1988 and got it for $2,000 in normal condition (little bit of rust here and there but nothing serious) and now, about a year ago, I found a 318 '74 Barracuda all clapped out sitting along the side of a house and needed a million dollars to bring it back to life and the guy wants $10,000 CAD for it. I was like -say what?! Our trucks aren't there yet thankfully.
That's why I made the comment about people being priced out of the muscle car game and moved on to trucks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Saturday I went to check out 2 1984 RC's 318, 4WD, auto. Man wanted $2500 for the pair. Neither truck was modified much if at all. One was a Prospector with all the ext. trim and badges, turbine wheels, orig. black paint. Good bit of rust as I imagined they would have. Interior kinda shoddy. 1 Rear hatch in good shape. One hatch broken fiberglass but he had a good spare to throw in. Clear title.

If I knew or could do as much as some of the folks here, I may have snagged them. But in reality they would have sat around outside in the field. Seller's goal was to see them sold to someone willing to restore. Definite mopar man; had some cool stories.

·
4,794 Posts
Same here, I recently found a pair of early 80's Ramcharger's that were for sale and one was also a Prospector red and white with the turbines and he wanted 3G for the pair. They were pretty decent to say the least but I passed on them because I'm a 1st gen lover but I also recently found a '76 Ramcharger for under 5G but I snoozed on it and waited too long, it sold, it was lifted and a 360 on propane for less than five grand. If that guy knew what a clean Ramcharger catches these days he would have asked a lot more for it like the muscle car guys do. Ever since the average Joe schmuck that has a clapped out shit box muscle car in their backyard started watching Barrett-Jackson and suddenly felt like their junk was worth a million bucks also. It's a joke and thankfully the secret on our trucks ain't out yet. I want to flip a few to make a couple bucks myself! 😁

·
Registered
7,645 Posts

Oh yep.
I tell everyone it's part of the family now.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
That's cuz Chevy and Ford owners think they have gold plated trucks. They priced themselves out of the competition and people know they can turn to the mopar trucks for a better price... and eventually a better return.
Just a way better truck!

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
PPPPFFFFTTTTTT I wouldn't sell my truck or let my wife sell her's.
It may be prime market for " older" trucks but PPPPFFFTTTT no way.

However I might have 1 or 2 out back................ ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
I've never gotten hung up on current market value of mine because NFS and Kurt understands. The upside to rising prices is rising interest and stuff comes out the wood work. I've made some very good scores in the last few years. The downside is clearly the idiots. I understand having more in yer truck than market and most of us do, it's the knuckle [heads | draggers] that root for market to rise to their investment that annoy me. Not the investment car scum, the car show whip out your appraisal and measure guys. I should have 10 out back but ya know, life.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I've never gotten hung up on current market value of mine because NFS and Kurt understands. The upside to rising prices is rising interest and stuff comes out the wood work. I've made some very good scores in the last few years. The downside is clearly the idiots. I understand having more in yer truck than market and most of us do, it's the knuckle [heads | draggers] that root for market to rise to their investment that annoy me. Not the investment car scum, the car show whip out your appraisal and measure guys. I should have 10 out back but ya know, life.
Exactly. What I want is some recognition from the manufacturers that SHOULD be making parts for these trucks. The car shows I watch that can buy everything they want to restore a chevy truck, yet we can't even get door panels or dash pads. It's frustrating. I've also been trying to get Hagerty to add in the 74 under the SE. They have yet to do it. Not feelin' the love. If I can help it, I will never sell mine. I just need more parts built for them. Otherwise we will never have Concours condition trucks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Exactly. What I want is some recognition from the manufacturers that SHOULD be making parts for these trucks. The car shows I watch that can buy everything they want to restore a chevy truck, yet we can't even get door panels or dash pads. It's frustrating. I've also been trying to get Hagerty to add in the 74 under the SE. They have yet to do it. Not feelin' the love. If I can help it, I will never sell mine. I just need more parts built for them. Otherwise we will never have Concours condition trucks.
This is what I would like to see as well, more parts available. Though Im not sure it will ever happen.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
This is what I would like to see as well, more parts available. Though Im not sure it will ever happen.
I have a crapload of parts And I'm think ing about selling it all to buy land. You interested?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a crapload of parts And I'm think ing about selling it all to buy land. You interested?
If money was no object and I had the space.

But my point is, I dont want to have to buy up and stock a bunch of part just in case. I mean, dont get me wrong, I do have a small pile of spares. Couple big block radiators, couple front drive shafts, u joints, bearings, core alternators and starters to rebuild, carburetors and carb parts, etc. Simple and common stuff for the most part.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Make a list and price it. We can all use parts.

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
If money was no object and I had the space.

But my point is, I dont want to have to buy up and stock a bunch of part just in case. I mean, dont get me wrong, I do have a small pile of spares. Couple big block radiators, couple front drive shafts, u joints, bearings, core alternators and starters to rebuild, carburetors and carb parts, etc. Simple and common stuff for the most part.
Make a list and price it. We can all use parts.
I have been buying, selling, stripping for parts for the last 30 years.
When I started there were NO parts for our trucks. The only way you could rebuild your truck is to strip down a truck "more rusty" than the one you are building. Then it got to the point where you could find parts BUT, they really expensive. $150 for an aftermarket fender that doesn't fit correctly. Then, factory used, started costing $150 for a beat up POS. Now you can't even buy a beat up POS rusted out truck for less than $2K WTH!

101 - 120 of 138 Posts