Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And as rare as they have been the last half year or so it was very welcome. We got invited to join some friends from church out at Tongue River Reservoir which is about 35 miles from town in Montana. Its a nice place to go and have a picnic, play in the water etc. Having nothing better to do we went. There were about 4-5 couples and some kids ranging in age from 1 year to 16-17 or so. We grilled some hamburgers and hotdogs and, being a Southern Baptist church, plenty of food to go around for three times our numbers ;D We watched the kids catch frogs, play in the water and just talked for hours. Quite a few of the adults played in the water too. I didn't, my wife and the pastor were worried about my heart, but I still enjoyed watching. Even though my trucks valve cover leak got worse I still had a great day. One I will remember for a long time.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
good to hear man.. I know how it is when medical stuff has you down... days like that make it worth the headaches....

Scott

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Sounds like a nice day. Must have felt good to get out for a little while.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Nice. Glad to hear you had a good one

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stepside Billy said:
Sounds like a nice day. Must have felt good to get out for a little while.
It was very nice. They wouldn't let me do anything. They got an awning set up, put my folding chair under it, told me to sit in it and every time I tried to get up someone asked what I wanted and then got it for me. Once I was getting up and the pastors wife asked me what I needed. I told her I had to go to the bathroom but that she could try to go for me if she felt like it. Eveyone laughed and let me do that on my own.

It was amusing to see all the "lobsters" at church this morning ;D

Chris

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't figure anyone cared for pics or I would have already put some up. Here are a few. The guy with the foorball is about 70 years old and has Parkinsons, didn't stop him from tossing the ball around.

Some of the kids out in the lake with the raft

Me on my spot. They literally would not let me go get anything.

Chris

Attachments

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple more.

This little boy is named Otto. He is one of my wifes kids she looks after at work. His mom is British so he has a cool half American/half English accent. He wasn't there as part of our group, he was there with his family and happened to be in the same area. Here, he is showing "teacher" the frogs he just caught.

This picture our Pastors daughter is showing my wife all the frogs they have caught with the help of Otto and the other kids around.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Good to hear Chris! Nice to get out once in a while.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
gmule said:
There is nothing better than getting outdoors and relaxing. Glad you had a good day.
Yes there is, but this is the wrong board.

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cooper30 said:
Yes there is, but this is the wrong board.
What board should it be on? It started as me commenting on having a nice day on Saturday. I never figured on posting pics but Josh wanted some. Outdoors board maybe, Ted? I'll move it if ya'll think it belongs somewhere else.

Chris

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
No, no, no....I was playing off Greg's reply.

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah, wasn't sure.

Chris

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
well, it may be a good thing you're in Sheridan and not down here in Cheyenne, Chris.
Cheyenne Frontier Days is in full swing.  Awesome trucks and sweet babes (no I don't have any pictures).
Not sure your ticker could handle it.

On a side note, the Pendleton girls were fine enough, but the whiskey is damn good.  Had to try a few or more shots to make sure.
Went to the rodeo today on VIP type passes from the local Dodge dealer (a friend's wife is friends with the dealer's owner's wife).  Other than food, great seats, beer, and Pendleton shots; no other swag though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts