Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Guages to use in RC

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TheRamChargerMan 
#1 ·
What guages should i get, Not brand specific but like oil, trans, oil pressure...

And can u tell me where i would hook up the sensors for the guage readings?

Like for the oil temp..Would the sensor be installed in the pan.
For the trans temp...in the trans pan?

Please help me..I need to monitor my truck. None of the guages work,,and arnt that accurate at all.

#2 ·
oil pressure, water temp, tach, volt meter, amp guage ( only if you want it), as for trans and oil temp i think they should be ion the pans but i am not sure. i prefer AUTOMETER and VDO guages myself. also have run sunpro.

#3 ·
Can you tell me where all of those hook up to? So the trans and oil temp hook up in the pan right. What about the water temp and tach.

#4 ·
Pholom said:
Can you tell me where all of those hook up to? So the trans and oil temp hook up in the pan right. What about the water temp and tach.
The electric temp sender is located on the front of the intake manifold on the passenger side, beside the thermostat housing. As for the tach, just follow the install directions, it hooks up to the coil (its been a long time since I installed mine)

#5 ·
and the intake mani temp sender is for what guage? im guessing oil temp rite?

#6 ·
no, water temp.

The trans temp can be put in the line runnign to the radiator/cooler, and the same can be done fo the oil if you have a remote mount or a cooler.

The oil press should be the fitting on the back of the block beside the distributor.

I have water temp, oil press, fuel (still stock), ammeter, voltmeter, vacuum gage, and tach for my gages, and oh yeah, the lame 85 mph speedo. I also have a fuel press gage on the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.