Dodge RamCharger Central banner
281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Administrator
31,525 Posts
on't listen to him. Its good stuff if prepared right.
I guess I never had it prepared "right". Rightfully do not care to try it the right way either. 🤮

Now maybe in my younger days in a bar, with a beer chaser. 🍺

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
One of my older videos about the amount of trees I've got out back in the windbreak that need to come down. This will give you better perspective on what I'm dealing with.

The other day I marked all of them with paint that were dead. Interestingly enough, my initial estimate of 55-60 trees was dead on. I counted 59 the other day.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,478 Posts
One of my older videos about the amount of trees I've got out back in the windbreak that need to come down. This will give you better perspective on what I'm dealing with.

The other day I marked all of them with paint that were dead. Interestingly enough, my initial estimate of 55-60 trees was dead on. I counted 59 the other day.

Sell it as firewood!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·

Oh man, that's sad. Lots of work ahead of you but you can make descent money out of it.

As SuperBurban said... firewood would be my first choice too. How are the winters in your area?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Knowing how to use ferro rod is a skill everyone should know IMO.

I go ultralight when I hike long trails. My longest so far was 320 miles with less than 12 pounds base weight.
My go to fire source is a small Bic Lighter.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,478 Posts
I decided to take my Russian neighbor and her daughter out to see some salmon spawning today. Most of the salmon I saw were the Coho with their purplely/green colour and I saw some spring as well. The weather was nice and mild today. My Power Wagon has developed a stumble off idle and a bit of a rough idle and poor mileage so I'm going to have to pop my hood for the first time since my last oil change and check my carb and cap/rotor. This Magnum has been flawless since dropping it in my truck and redoing the top end. Anyways back on subject, If you look closely you can see the salmon just 2 feet away from me at the edge of the river. Normally this river is much bigger but they (the oligarchs) have been drying us out for the past 6 months. I also took a picture of a bald eagle just sitting in a tree near me but these Samsung tablets are garbage for taking nice pictures unfortunately and couldn'tfocus in very well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
Here's more....
I'm at Goldstream river. Stunning scenery with beautiful big trees everywhere. We are also home to some of the biggest trees in the world. Our sequoia trees (these aren't them) rival those in California. It's awesome to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
We are under a burn ban here.

Practically the entire Mississippi watershed west of the river itself is under some level of drought.
Just wait. There's always a flood ready to appear.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 · (Edited)
Strong wing knocked out our fence in the spring which was hiding the "things you need but don't want to see". I didn't have neither time or need to fix it earlier. Today was the day when I could no longer look at the junk.

I'll need to buy 3 more that got distroyed during the storm. But that will have to wait a few more months...

Plant Natural landscape Tree Land lot Sky
Plant Sky Tree Fence Wood

281 - 300 of 303 Posts