Dodge RamCharger Central banner
261 - 280 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Okra is not popular around here, at least I haven't heard about it. Honestly, I had too Google it ;)
I've read that Okra is native to Africa and that it made it's way to the rest of the world via the slave trade. It's popular in the America South, especially among the black population, probably for this reason.

You cannot buy it in the grocery stores locally. That's why I grow it. I have been growing it for close to ten years and have found many ways to prepare it it :LOL:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
You live in a different climate with more possibilities.

I need to visit America in the next years. We've postponing it due to children, covid, children again and now war. Will see what the future brings...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You live in a different climate with more possibilities.

I need to visit America in the next years. We've postponing it due to children, covid, children again and now war. Will see what the future brings...
Okra grows incredibly fast. They go from seed to 4 feet tall in about 60 days and start producing fruit at about 2 feet tall.

Even in your shorter growing season, I bet you could pull it off.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I seldom ordered okra with my food because I knew my grandma always served some with every supper.
I like it fried, pickled or dried like jerky. It's a tasty snack that way.

Bucky

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I have never tried it dried. I may experiment with that next year.
Our local grocery store sells it, along with all the dried fruits, granolas, wasabi peas, etc. I think they dip it in a salt & oil marinade then roast it like you would do pumpkin seeds.

Bucky

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,478 Posts
Save those trees! Is that you in the video TheBohunk?

·
Registered
18,542 Posts
Yeah I know, I mentioned that in Part two, which has not been posted up yet. I've got a bunch of editing to do there yet.
Don't want to include all the dulled-out chain sharpening downtime from dropping hard and dried White Ash Easter egg trees, huh? :p

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,478 Posts
Yes that's me. I am not, contrary to belief, Johnny Cash. ;)

There is no saving them, man. They are all dead or nearly dead. It's also a good example of why I never seem to get any time to work on the Ramcharger
10-4. Ya if they are dead then get rid of them for sure. That's a nice piece of land you have, 👍

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
The love the multiple colour's of the leaves this time of year 👍

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
Tis the season for bonfires!

261 - 280 of 303 Posts