Dodge RamCharger Central banner
221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
My wife wouldn't mind a small hidden rural setting. Provided she still has access someway to her monthly pedi & to the grandkids.

Bucky

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
A quick update on our fruit trees.

Most of our trees are small, not older than 6 years. We have mostly apples and pears, sadly no cherries(birds ate most of them before they were ready), no peaches(climate isn't helping and they get attacked by fungus etc.)
Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Natural environment

These are called "paper apples" around here. One of my favorite...
Plant Tree Flower Twig Shrub

Plant Sky Flower Evergreen Tree

Plums grew big this year.
Food Sky Plant Fruit Gesture

Other than that we have plenty of berries and raspberries. Out kids love them. I planted them in every corner of the garden, so they can explore and learns stuff while eating. Works a good so far.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
The plan is simple, use new(reclaimed) wood to restore it, make it look nice again and use it as decoration.

First I have to find wood in my stash. That's the hardest part.

·
Administrator
62,354 Posts
Yea, wood here is still in the crazy price category.

Between the deer, and the dogs, the apples will not get a chance to ripen.

Plant Shade Branch Land lot Tree

Reactions: Albuchler and Panda

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
I had two deers eating flowers and berries in our garden last week, they scared the hell out of my wife because she didn't see them.
She ran to me screaming as if they were trying to eat her...

Funny creature these deers, women even funnier :LOL: :p

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Greetings from Austria... We walked past this beautiful house and I couldn't help it. These guys have great taste, plenty of flowers everywhere, and creative combination of natural materials, wood, stone and green.

I'll post more photos later...
Plant Flower Sky Cloud Building

Flower Plant Building Sky Window

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
We're getting ready for the winter. Wood is our back-up fuel but with the prices of coal going 350% up since Russia attacked Ukraine i think it can change very quickly.
Plant Natural landscape Tree Wood Groundcover

Plant Wood Tree Trunk Grass

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice picture! Is that fresh wood means you can use it not before 2023/2024? Have you made it yourself? I have made this year also first time firewood myself. So far we have bought the wood from a friend in our shooting club. My landlord owns a small forest but is not interested to make any firewood. So we made some firewood there together with my father in law and another friend from the shooting club who owns a tractor. Totgether with two old professionals it was a hard but interesting work. Now I know how at least a bit to handle a chain saw and nobody in the shooting club will ever laugh at me because I'm not able to cut some bushes at the shooting gallery :) The job had nothing to do with general energy situation but of course it's a goof feeling of having it here. Prices for firewood also increased here for more than 100% and it is really hard to get any dry wood for the winter even if I live at the countryside. Because of home office last two years we have already used ~80% wood for heating, only bath room and warm water came from natural gas.

Plant Tree Wood Logging Trunk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Can't ever have too much firewood, fuel or ammunition.

Bucky
How are ammunition prices in US? We pay around doubled price copared to last year. Because I also think you can't never have enough this has not affected us so far.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Nice picture! Is that fresh wood means you can use it not before 2023/2024? Have you made it yourself? I have made this year also first time firewood myself. So far we have bought the wood from a friend in our shooting club. My landlord owns a small forest but is not interested to make any firewood. So we made some firewood there together with my father in law and another friend from the shooting club who owns a tractor. Totgether with two old professionals it was a hard but interesting work. Now I know how at least a bit to handle a chain saw and nobody in the shooting club will ever laugh at me because I'm not able to cut some bushes at the shooting gallery :) The job had nothing to do with general energy situation but of course it's a goof feeling of having it here. Prices for firewood also increased here for more than 100% and it is really hard to get any dry wood for the winter even if I live at the countryside. Because of home office last two years we have already used ~80% wood for heating, only bath room and warm water came from natural gas.

View attachment 632632
The firewood is not fresh, it's been seasoned and waiting for me since last year. I ordered it back then(and honestly speaking I forgot I did:)) and it got delivered last week. One more pile like this is behind my garage.
I used to cut trees by myself and transport it on my Ram 1500 but then I broke the rear shield while loading the logs:) It did hurt financially so I quit.

I know several guy who sell firewood. The problem now is not the price which went up 400% this year( we pay 200euros for one cubic meter), it's the availability. Rangers do not allow to cut trees, even to guys who do it professionally. Since the f.... war started people went crazy!!!

I'm really glad I ordered wood last year, forgot about it and paid a bit more than last year :LOL:

I'll be getting two more transports in the next week or so.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Good decision! Joining a shooting club was one of the the best decisions my wife and me have eveer done.
I joined the Shooting Club years ago but have been too lazy to get through the whole procedure, exams, papers, and so on. I can thank Putin for speeding up my movements

·
Registered
541 Posts
I know several guy who sell firewood. The problem now is not the price which went up 400% this year( we pay 200euros for one cubic meter), it's the availability. Rangers do not allow to cut trees, even to guys who do it professionally. Since the f.... war started people went crazy!!!
You pay also around 200€ for the cubic meter mixed wood in the hardware store here. I payed 90€ for the meter beech, three years old, splitted in log. Our supllier incriesed only the price for getting the trees and gasoline. Both has not increases much (5€ per meter). At least the private people are allowed to cut more trees here and they do but it is for the next years.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I joined the Shooting Club years ago but have been too lazy to get through the whole procedure, exams, papers, and so on. I can thank Putin for speeding up my movements
If I'll ever have to use my rifles outside the shooing range - and I hope I won't - it won't be because Putin. It would be probably to defend my family and my supplies againt hungy and freezing people. People that in that situation because our government has decided to take the risk of a blackout instaed of using Russian oel, natural gas and coal and to switch off nuclear power plants in times of scarce electricity for the green ideology. Putin does not has to come over here to destroy our country, the liberals are making his job perfect.

221 - 240 of 250 Posts