Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, if your like me you guys need a lot of parts! i just wanted to let you guys no that i have a a great dodge junkyard in my area. it has about 9 or 10 dodge trucks, about 5 of them are ramchargers there is even a 77 and a 79, the 77 was a plow truck but the grill is in great conditon with only a few small dings. the rest are trucks, there is one where the body is off the truck and the whole drive trail is still there. if you guys need anyparts let me no, this is a GREAT dodge junkyard. are there any GREAT dodge junkyards in your area?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its called southwest auto. it is in joliet ill. the adress is 3451 state street lockport. te number is 815-723-6878

EDIT: fixed the number

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the tip. By the way, the area code there is 815. I'm looking for an '86 RC fuel tank, they said "no." Do they let you walk around in the yard? I'm sure I can find something I need in there. Have you been in Hub Auto lately (83 & Archer)? They usually have a lot of older stuff...

Andy

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea southwest lest you walk around the yard. and they have a 82 r/c that should have a good tank. i stoped goin to hub because they are goin to sell the land (i think) but from what i rember they have a old trail duster and a old crew cab. if you want me to check on that tank just holler!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm in need of a back bumper..if any of them has a fairly straight factory one (haha) I'd be interested...and of course a roll bar (an even bigger ha-ha)...

Travis

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sure, if you are nearby and have time to check, so far I haven't found a tank closer than 2-3 hours away. I'll buy you lunch if you find one there. Maybe whoever I taked to just didn't know the interchange. I'd like to get this thing back on the road asap - I just got it!

I have a good/cheap bumper guy here in town if you find a workable one. He doesn't seem to care what shape they are in...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Will take that into advisement...I'm close (Dekalb), but no vehicle here (long walk!). Does he straighten and chrome or just straighten, or ???

Travis

·
Registered
49 Posts
He rechromes them, straightens them, fixes rust, whatever it takes. He'll quote you over the phone and doesn't care what shape they're in. My buddy brought him some pretty ratty 1960 Chrysler bumpers and he didn't flinch and he stuck to his quote. By the same token, I gave him a pretty decent 1961 bumper at the same time and it was the same price. He's about the cheapest in 5 states.

Chicago Plating, 773-254-8892, 1400 w. 31st Place, Chicago

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Matt, I found a tank. Thanks for the offer. I found it at the junkyard that's closest to my house - if you can believe it. About a mile away. Very small yard, too. Didn't think they'd have room to keep an old RC tank. Also, I had sort of given up on them because they quoted me an extravagant price on a plain steel wheel a while back. But I can't complain about $50 for the tank. He musta figured no one will EVER come in there again looking for an RC tank, and it was his big chance to get rid of it...

Andy

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i go to hub a lot because its by my house and they crushed both the crew bab and the trail duster. but they have a black '77 ramcharger that still has a few parts on it and an '80s ramcharger but its all picked over. has anyone ever been to the pick-n-pull in summit? once in a while they have a later R/C and a pickup or two but they have real cheap prices on stuff. you can find directions at www.picknpull.com . sometimes they even have half price sales too!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thaks for that tip. Went and checked out pick and pull today. Got a couple things off the '85, may go back for more. Was going to buy a tailgate but both are just starting to separate...

Went to U Pull it 14101 S. Leavitt. They have a 1975ish RC. It's pretty rough and has some funky mods, but it's pretty complete. They have a '79ish pickup, too, but it's pretty picked over. The only Ram pickup I saw between the two yards...

Andy

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
R41HP said:
Thaks for that tip. Went and checked out pick and pull today. Got a couple things off the '85, may go back for more. Was going to buy a tailgate but both are just starting to separate...

Went to U Pull it 14101 S. Leavitt. They have a 1975ish RC. It's pretty rough and has some funky mods, but it's pretty complete. They have a '79ish pickup, too, but it's pretty picked over. The only Ram pickup I saw between the two yards...

Andy
what kind of stuff did that '75 have?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I went back there today for some parts for my Grand Wagoneer, I hadn't payed that much attention to the RC, so I'm editing my observations: It was jacked up, but the tires weren't real big, wide rusty white spoker wheels. It's big block (RB), with AC, a 727, and I think a NP205. Some good stuff here at the right price!

It has a nasty fiberglass visor, a CB antenna mounted on the quarter panel, some weird huge braket wlded to the tunnel. There was no sticker under the hood, so I tried to open the door to get the build date - and I realized the door was welded shut! The alternator looked like it was newer, but I don't have anything with that alternator right now so I left it. It had an old Chicago city sticker on it, 1980's, I think, so it may have been off the road for a while.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
R41HP said:
Well, I went back there today for some parts for my Grand Wagoneer, I hadn't payed that much attention to the RC, so I'm editing my observations: It was jacked up, but the tires weren't real big, wide rusty white spoker wheels. It's big block (RB), with AC, a 727, and I think a NP205. Some good stuff here at the right price!

It has a nasty fiberglass visor, a CB antenna mounted on the quarter panel, some weird huge braket wlded to the tunnel. There was no sticker under the hood, so I tried to open the door to get the build date - and I realized the door was welded shut! The alternator looked like it was newer, but I don't have anything with that alternator right now so I left it. It had an old Chicago city sticker on it, 1980's, I think, so it may have been off the road for a while.
where exactly is this place? and how are thier prices? i might have to go check it out...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the town is Dixmoor. It's south side of Chicago. The address is on the Chicago grid, 141st St. and just east of Western Ave. It's close to I-57 at Sibley Blvd/ 147th exit. You can see it from I-57.

It's set up like Pick and Pull, $2 to get in, flat pricing, etc. They are cheaper than Pick and Pull though, and they have half price day on Tuesday, and I think Friday is free admission.

U Pull It
14101 S. Leavitt Ave
ph: 1-866-U Pull It

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
R41HP said:
I think the town is Dixmoor. It's south side of Chicago. The address is on the Chicago grid, 141st St. and just east of Western Ave. It's close to I-57 at Sibley Blvd/ 147th exit. You can see it from I-57.

It's set up like Pick and Pull, $2 to get in, flat pricing, etc. They are cheaper than Pick and Pull though, and they have half price day on Tuesday, and I think Friday is free admission.

U Pull It
14101 S. Leavitt Ave
ph: 1-866-U Pull It
its not in a bad area is it? i'm not real familiar with that area and i dont want to get lost in a bad neighborhood or something,you know?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Naw, it's not bad around there. It's the suburbs, man. Plus, it's all commercial and a lot of open space between the exit and the 'yards, so you shouldn't get too spooked getting over there. Here's the exact directions:

Take I-57 to Sibley Blvd /147th exit, go east @ 1/4 mile to Dixie Highway - the first big intersection, this is also Western Ave, go north @ 1/2 mile to 141st St. and you'll see the sign, go east down 141st a couple blocks to the end and you'll be there. The American car yard is first, then the Foreign and truck yard is a little further...

Look at a map, you can get there from I-294 and 159th, too. Just keep your windows rolled up. Haha, just kidding! :p

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
R41HP said:
Naw, it's not bad around there. It's the suburbs, man. Plus, it's all commercial and a lot of open space between the exit and the 'yards, so you shouldn't get too spooked getting over there. Here's the exact directions:

Take I-57 to Sibley Blvd /147th exit, go east @ 1/4 mile to Dixie Highway - the first big intersection, this is also Western Ave, go north @ 1/2 mile to 141st St. and you'll see the sign, go east down 141st a couple blocks to the end and you'll be there. The American car yard is first, then the Foreign and truck yard is a little further...

Look at a map, you can get there from I-294 and 159th, too. Just keep your windows rolled up. Haha, just kidding! :p
alright cool man! i may have to go there! im gonna be out in steger pickin up some fenders saturday so i guess i'll check it out! did they have any cars or trucks with 360's? might need some valves....

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's a bunch of Dodge vans, probably your best bet for 360 stuff. They have a few Diplomat/ 5th Avenue type things over in the car yard, that's about it...

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
NOT_A_BLAZER said:
R41HP said:
There's a bunch of Dodge vans, probably your best bet for 360 stuff. They have a few Diplomat/ 5th Avenue type things over in the car yard, that's about it...
cool! i'm gonna check it out tomorrow! hopefully at least i'll find a spare tire for my el camino! :-X
sorry,bout a week late! checked it out last weekend and i like that place! i found the equipment sticker from that ramcharger (it was in the fender by the battery tray) and it is indeed a '75 and it has a 440.sadly it was missing the SE emblems which i am looking for :( pretty much all i got off that truck was the doge letters off the hood.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts