Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the local junkyard there are a bunch of 4th gen dodge/chrysler minivans with trailer hitches installed.At full retail I wouldnt install one on my 2005 grand caravan but at less than $20 for one at the junkyard why not grab one.The thing is they are all on minivans without stow and go seating.When you price them out they have different model numbers depending on if the van has stow and go seating or not.Searching online I cant seem to find a visual difference between the two hitches.Anyone happen to know actuall differences there are between the stow and go vs normal seats for trailer hitches?

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
I am only showing one hitch for a 2005 RS body that was available through Mopar and it does not mention anything about the folding seats option.  Honestly though, with only a 2k lbs tow rating, it hardly seems worth the effort to get one and install it.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you cant tow much with a caravan, but it would work fine for towing a utility trailer.

·
Administrator
62,266 Posts
There has been many times a hitch would have been nice. Just take notes, and measurements for how far down the tubs for the seats hang down. Then check the ones at the yard. For $20, I would grab the best looking one, and take it home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.