1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GRAB HANDLES FOR 1980 AND OTHER YEARS

I got a pair of the grab handles an individual makes for j-10 jeep trucks

I had used them on my j-10

i tried them on a dodge and they fit great and are easy to install.

approx $ 55.00 can't remember.....

see attached pic of them on my 1980 dodge W150

Quality Product

metal grab handle with a parachute type cord wrapped around handle bar

come in different colors

home made by a truck enthusiast

contact Robert "Bob" Stephens at Evil twin Fab

email: [email protected]

web: www.eviltwinfab.com

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
Those look sick and low profile too. I might have to CAD a trim cover for those. to make it even nicer. Good find brother!

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
Also, I got a question. Does vent window hit the grab handle? When you go to open it?

Reactions: DODGEBOYS

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOPE, vent window does not touch.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,814 Posts
Hopefully they won't rip off in time from usage. I don't really trust not having a nut on the backside of the bolts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anything is possible as far as them coming loose, a nut on back would be nice, a weld, even better, I drilled the hole small, and then used the coarse thread hex bolt x4.
I am only 5'7" 175lb, going to have steps soon, hopefully I will not rip them out !,....they feel pretty dang sturdy, but time/use can take its toll little by little I agree.

hopefully this may help someone needing a handle.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,814 Posts
Metal will stretch over time and then the bolts become loose and then start to pop out one thread at a time. The screws around my grille are loose because of that reason, the holes have stretched. As you say, just be mindful and it will probably be fine.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Metal will stretch over time and then the bolts become loose and then start to pop out one thread at a time. The screws around my grille are loose because of that reason, the holes have stretched. As you say, just be mindful and it will probably be fine.
Nutserts would fix that.

Reactions: DODGEBOYS

·
4,814 Posts
Ya, I guess so. I've never used those before

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
NOPE, vent window does not touch.
Thanks man for checking in on that. That was my main concern. Then Im perty sold on them.

·
Registered
30,094 Posts
Ya, I guess so. I've never used those before
a nutsert is like a pop rivet that once it's popped it's threaded inside to bolt something down

I knew a guy that used those to mount his canopy. The only issue with those is you can't over torque them or they will spin in the hole.
they work great for ONE time use , you can crank them right down , it's when you take them apart multi-times that they loosen up and spin

Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
4,814 Posts
Ya I've seen them before - just never used them before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts