Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather overheard me saying i wanted a CD Changer in my Dakota last week, This morning he showed up with a huge box...

3 Pioneer Head Units (2 Cassette, 1 CD. CD still in the Box)
2 Pioneer Speakers (in the box)
and a Pioneer CDX-FM35 CD Changer System, except it's missing the Cart/Mag.  Found em on Fleabay.

Jackpot  ;D

Now i get the best of both worlds Cassette, CD and MP3  ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gmule said:
What is this cassette you speak of? ;D
Tunes that i can play in most of my vehicles, except the Duster, which has an 8-Track (and a CD Changer, and a MP3 Player :p )

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Beware of those things.  Most of them my friends and I have tried had horrible sound quality and some odd volume issues.  For my girlfriend's Honda I eventually got a little plug in deal that plugged into the factory radio's CD changer plug and allows us to input whatever we want through two RCA jacks.  Right now we have a Monster Cable converter cable that goes from two RCAs to the typical mini plug that plugs into an MP3 player and her Droid.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I like Monster Cable products but most dealers overcharge for them.  I think I paid $14 for the adaptor cable, which seemed fair to me.  Crutchfield is charging $20 for the same item now, but it's been about 4 years since I got mine.  It could definitely be worse.  Crutchfield carries roughly the same thing in a AudioQuest brand that is almost $90.

·
29,524 Posts
Hell,Monster Cable overcharges for them, and they don't let dealers discount at all....at least they used to.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Perhaps but all the Monster Cables I have bought have been reasonably priced for what they were.  I ran Monster RCAs on my car stereos and I have a few Monster cables on my home theater stuff.  I did look at Monster HDMI cables and those that I found were overpriced so I went with a regular Sony one.  I buy whatever I find that is good quality for a good price and will work at the time so none of my stuff is matched or ridiculously high quality, but the Monster stuff I do have is good and wasn't priced too bad.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
The gimmick is that monster cables can somehow improve a digital signal with minimal compression. And even on things with heavy compression (8 bit 1080p), both pieces of equipment on the end of the line can make up for marginal differences in cable inequities.

Before you go spending 200-300 dollars on a cable, google something like "why monster cables are a crime", or "why monster cables are a gimmick".

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I look at it this way, larger cable, usually equal less resistance.  Couple that with the gold connectors and in theory at least, it should be a better performing cable.  Now whether or not it really makes a difference is a bit up in the air.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Gold conduction has nothing to do with a digital signal's transmission strength. And most of monster's cable diameter comes from heavier full circumferential shielding, something that most standard cables do.

There are countless tests on the interwebs that actually use high tech equipment to try and tell a difference between a 300 dollar HDMI cable from Monster and a similar standard HDMI cable from, say, Rosebud for 15 bucks. There is an extremely negligible difference, something that the human eye would never spot in a million years on a display.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Cool deal Chris.  ;D

G

·
ChrisKD said:
My grandfather overheard me saying i wanted a CD Changer in my Dakota last week, This morning he showed up with a huge box...

3 Pioneer Head Units (2 Cassette, 1 CD. CD still in the Box)
2 Pioneer Speakers (in the box)
and a Pioneer CDX-FM35 CD Changer System, except it's missing the Cart/Mag. Found em on Fleabay.

Jackpot ;D

Now i get the best of both worlds Cassette, CD and MP3 ;D
thats quite the set up, only i would ditch the cassettes i don't any use for them :p

i have a CD/Radio/mp3 set up all in a box right now just haven't gotten around to putting them in

after hearing Elwenil it seems like all of our girlfriends have Hondas lol

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kenneth Turcotte said:
thats quite the set up, only i would ditch the cassettes i don't any use for them :p

i have a CD/Radio/mp3 set up all in a box right now just haven't gotten around to putting them in

after hearing Elwenil it seems like all of our girlfriends have Hondas lol
For now i'm running the Pioneer CD Player that i installed in the truck when i bought it, cause i was too lazy to dismantle the dash to remove it to swap in one of the Cassette head units. So i snaked my hand up between the dash & heaterbox to connect the FM Transmitter to the CD Player. The Magazine/Cartridge for the CD Changer should be here next week, got 2 of em on ebay for $10 (including shipping)

My ex had a Honda, and that wasn't the bad part of the relationship. she was bangin another guy...at my place :eek:

·
Registered
642 Posts
It sounds like you have a pretty cool granpa. 8)

G

·
ChrisKD said:
For now i'm running the Pioneer CD Player that i installed in the truck when i bought it, cause i was too lazy to dismantle the dash to remove it to swap in one of the Cassette head units. So i snaked my hand up between the dash & heaterbox to connect the FM Transmitter to the CD Player. The Magazine/Cartridge for the CD Changer should be here next week, got 2 of em on ebay for $10 (including shipping)

My ex had a Honda, and that wasn't the bad part of the relationship. she was bangin another guy...at my place :eek:
sorry to hear that chris :'(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts