Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got very frustrated with my jig saw because it kept spitting out the blade.It was a skill jig saw with tool-less blade change.It used T shank blades.The problem with it is the blade would catch and then just instantly pop the blade out of the jig saw.When the blade pops out every time I try to cut anything it gets annoying very quick.the blade popping out 7-8 times for every inch you try to cut will test the patience of anybody.It didn't matter if I tried to cut through wood or metal same result.so now Im looking for a good jig saw(that can be found in pawn shops) that either uses set screws to hold the blade or has a very well designed quick change setup.

my jig saw bounced off the driveway and straight into the trash can.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
I have an old green black & decker 3.5 amp 800-3200 variable speed jigsaw that done everything asked of it for over 15 years.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Ive got a Dewalt,all I can say is that you can't go wrong with Dewalt.Ive got a 1/2 drill with the spade handle which has more than enough power than I'll ever need,also a 1/2 cordless drill that works great,Sawsall is awesome,I have 2 angle grinders they are damn near indestructible (Ive got pissed off and "accidentally" whipped one across the shop...still using it till this day), and yesterday I just bought a 5 inch random orbital sander that I'm itchin to try out.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Milwaukee, 'nuff said.

·
Vendor
11,514 Posts
I've been using the Black & Decker professional for years & I have the 18V Dewalt. Both are Great tools!! Buy a GOOD name brand in the professional category & you should be OK.
Jim

G

·
Had a B&D that was stolen from the shop last year, company replaced it with a Makita. Not cheap at $180, but it is a very good saw. Has the T blade setup, stays put. Also has a feature the moves the blade in a fore and aft motion, cuts 2x4's like butter.

For cutting straight lines in sheetmetal, it's hard to beat a cutting/notching blade on a high speed grinder. Takes seconds. I prefer that to a jigsaw for large patch panels etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts