Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
401 Posts
Well, I dont know anything about geod??s but I owned and or worked for a gealogical exploration company for about 18 years. I have a couple of gold properties (not mines), and still own 1 diamond drill rig. But my days of hiking around at 6000 feet for th day are not likely to return, but hope springs eternal. Sold a gold property last year for some pretty good coin. I prefer areas with old history, where the old timers went first. A few rements of towns, old holes, historical records.

· Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DDGRC84 said:
hehe... no comment.
dont you go to college for Geology?

· Premium Member
406 Posts
very good... yep. i love lookin for stuff, but i'm not much of a mineral hound. i have friends that are big into it, but i like structural stuff, like mylonites and pseudotachylites. i'm producing a large scale geological map for my thesis from the Modoc Shear Zone in the Carolina Slate Belt... pretty awesome stuff. basically it means that i'm spending a bunch of time hikin around that area and looking for outcrops of different rock types, trying to identify them, and the plotting the locations of the layers where they are exposed at the surface.

Jake

Jake

· Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know smokey is a Geologist. he should post here. bet he has some stories

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.