Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I talked to my dad today about lifts and he knew alot more than I thought. I told him i either wanted to go with a 4 inch suspension or 3 inch body but he said go with a 6 inch suspension. I was kinda surprised and happy at the same time because he said getting a longer front drive shaft wouldn't be a big problem. He would rather me geta 6 inch kit and be done with it.

Now what kit would be a good one? I want springs in the back also. I was looking at the 6 inch tough country set up and thats what I'll probably go with. Does this kit keep the factory blocks in the back?

Also how much longer would I need my front drive shaft?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
all 6" lift kits keep the blocks in the rear.
Not sure what the title was, but if you look around a little, I was getting some spring data from different manufacturers a couple of months back (I think it was April/May) and posted the numbers here on the tech board (was in a different thread that I didn't start but was something about suspension I think). Haven't gotten around to verify that info again and make it into a FAQ.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank, I'll search around a bit for it

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thats a really helpful thread...I still aint dont reading it :D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
What about a 6" in front and a 4" in back with a shackle flip? That will get you around 7-8" in back IIRC. Give it a nice rake! lol

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
phoenix827 has the right idea, not only would it be cheaper but your rear pinion angle would be perfect with the flip. Another way to go is to get the 6 inch front springs and some 2.5 inch rear springs and then the shackle flip, if you like the level look.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
the rear springs on a 6" lift system are only 4", that's why they keep the stock block....

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Good point!!

G

·
Hey, what exactly is a shackle filp, I hear it a lot and have pieced some things together but i would like it explained? It would also be nice if i could see some before and after pcis. thanks

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
A shackle flip flips the shackle on the rear spring from a compression style to a tension style for better articulation and lift. Do a search for shackle flip and you'll find all kinds of info.

·
Registered
769 Posts
So a 6inch lift system+ a shackle flip will give you a level stance and get rid of all the blocks right?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Yes if you use the 2.5 inch rear lift springs. Otherwise your rear end will be an inch or two higher if you use the 4 inch lift springs. I'm talking about skyjakker springs too. There are other lift springs out there as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts