1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
It's junk because it's a 1/2 ton with an automatic that is shifted with a knob on the dash.

As for the "expensive" and "haters" bit, what are you going to say when I buy my Gladiator that costs way more?  ;D

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
sweet - cool machine, and once you get past the cost and idea of scratching/bashing it up it'd be a great package for overlanding...and yeah not the best rock crawler - be real sweet if they'd do the same thing on a Cummins chassis (3/4-ton etc).  It's essentially the same concept I'm using to build up my Dakota, just a bit smaller body and stronger driveline to fit and survive on the trails I like to hit...

Lanty...I bet your Glad won't cost 'way' more...

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Elwenil said:
It's junk because it's a 1/2 ton with an automatic that is shifted with a knob on the dash.
That's almost as absurd. ;D

As for the "expensive" and "haters" bit, what are you going to say when I buy my Gladiator that costs way more? ;D
I'll say: I'm proud of you Lanty, you've matured". ;D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Living in California with the PG&E power outages, I may sell my house and buy this. Does it have a generator?  ;D

I have paid little attention to newer trucks, but when did Ram switch to 6 lug on the 1/2 tons?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Mad Max said:
Lanty...I bet your Glad won't cost 'way' more...
That is a matter of perspective. ;D The idea of a $60k midsized truck is something I am struggling to come to terms with, lol.

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Elwenil said:
That is a matter of perspective. ;D The idea of a $60k midsized truck is something I am struggling to come to terms with, lol.
Are they 60k MSRP?
I've heard dealers were selling them up to 10k over MSRP, which is absurd. It does seem like a lot for a Non-Cummins truck.

Just get a PowerWagon, don't be a hipster. :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
That looks neat!

*Recon immediately contemplates the shenanigans required to stuff an eco diesel in the RC...*

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
KThaxton said:
Are they 60k MSRP?
I've heard dealers were selling them up to 10k over MSRP, which is absurd. It does seem like a lot for a Non-Cummins truck.

Just get a PowerWagon, don't be a hipster. :p
We just sold a PowerWagon for a little over $47k, the Gladiator Rubicon in the showroom is just over $60k. I think mine will sticker for around $52k, but with my discount it will be a little less than invoice. Some dealers are trying to sell the JTs for more than sticker, some are selling below invoice. It depends on where you are and how ridiculous your local dealers are.

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Elwenil said:
We just sold a PowerWagon for a little over $47k, the Gladiator Rubicon in the showroom is just over $60k. I think mine will sticker for around $52k, but with my discount it will be a little less than invoice. Some dealers are trying to sell the JTs for more than sticker, some are selling below invoice. It depends on where you are and how ridiculous your local dealers are.
What do you find more appealing about the Gladiator vs the PW (well, besides your hipster tendencies ;D ;D)

That Gladiator departure angle sure looks bad.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
The Gladiator is the only pickup FCA makes that has a manual transmission.  And if I'm going to buy a Jeep, it's going to be a Rubicon with a hardtop.  I will probably never take the top or doors off, but the Freedom Panels over the front seats will probably be out a lot in the warm months.  I'd rather have a 2500 with a Hemi and 6 speed, but they don't make it anymore.  As far as the departure angle, it won't be nearly as bad once I put some 37s on.  ;D

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
You silly manual nazi's.....you probably prefer vinyl and 8-tracks to digital music too.  ;D

PS, my Cummins is a 6 speed, but I am not burdened with making it do its job. My transmission works for me, I don't work for it.  :p

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I don't even buy music anymore, I have a Spotify account and I listen to it all the time.  I don't think you can get Scandinavian folk metal on 8 track.  ;D

Automatics always break on me.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
KThaxton said:
Maybe someday I can teach you to drive one. It'll take 30 seconds. ;D
I don't think I have enough time left before Odin calls me home to explain all the reasons why a manual transmission is better. ;D

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
HMMMM, should appeal to flannel-clad lesbians and soy-boys who like to play with knobs...

Not sure if it'll put a dent in F150 sales, however.  ;D

·
Registered
93 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
HMMMM, should appeal to flannel-clad lesbians and soy-boys who like to play with knobs...

Not sure if it'll put a dent in F150 sales, however. ;D
It certainly seems to have that hipsterish air about it, no? Perhaps they can utilize it to hunt food, so long as it tells them where the organic free-range tacos live...

Still want to stuff that eco-diesel in an RC...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It always boggled my mind that the power wagon was never sold with a diesel.All that extra weight and mass and it only gets the either the 5.7 or 6.4.Then this is a 1/2 ton truck with a diesel... go figure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.