Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Why does it matter that both involved identify as Democrats?  The phrase "go back where you came from" is a fairly well recognized and long-standing racially motivated attack.  If she is lying, she should be held accountable.  If she is not, then whoever threatened her should be held accountable to whatever standard is applicable.  Let the investigation play out before you go trying to stir things up by bringing politics into it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't bring politics into it as it was stated over and over again in the interview that he is democrat and she is a legislator. Therefore, in my opinion, its relevant to the context of the story.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Reed said:
Why does it matter that both involved identify as Democrats? The phrase "go back where you came from" is a fairly well recognized and long-standing racially motivated attack. If she is lying, she should be held accountable. If she is not, then whoever threatened her should be held accountable to whatever standard is applicable. Let the investigation play out before you go trying to stir things up by bringing politics into it.
Politics is already in it…Why else would it even make the news??

Ed

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
if the guy worked for me , I'd have to fire him , or keep him away from my customers .... he could'a called the manager , politely . taint got nuthin ta do with democrate/black/white/male/female bullshit , its customer relations .

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Reed said:
The phrase "go back where you came from" is a fairly well recognized and long-standing racially motivated attack.
This particular song merely concerns an old girlfriend, Reed, but nowadays, DAT WAYCISS!!!...

;D

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Reed said:
The phrase "go back where you came from" is a fairly well recognized and long-standing racially motivated attack.
From what I have read, the only federal laws covering this, are EEOC, laws concerning employment and workplace discrimination, and no federal laws were broken here. If any state laws were supposedly violated, I'm sure the police would have steeped in, and at least given out a citation. Sounds like a little baby wanting attention.

"I said, 'Are you really going to argue with me?' and he said, 'Yes, I am,' and he kept cursing at me, kept berating me," Thomas said. "I was embarrassed, and I was scared for my life."
Yea, so scared that you still completed the transaction, and walked calmly out the door. ::)

dodge82273 said:
if the guy worked for me , I'd have to fire him , or keep him away from my customers .... he could'a called the manager , politely . taint got nuthin ta do with democrate/black/white/male/female bullshit , its customer relations .
Agreed. Sounds like this store does not train, nor support its workers that well. A good store would have a well known policy on handling people with more items that the sign says for that checkout lane, and managers easy to get, if needed. Most places say not to confront the costumer, and call a manager if anything close to an argument comes up. Sounds like this place has none of that, and left the worker out to fend for himself. Even as a department manager at Lowes, I was supposed to call the manager on duty, before any conversation with a costumer got anything close to an argument.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the guy in the argument is not an employee-he's another customer so it's between the two of them. The guy asked for the manager to go over there and do something about it. Given the lightness of the of the event I think it's a reasonable approach that the manager decided not to confront the woman in line. Unfortunately it didn't work that way. .....and the man accused of saying it is Cuban. I think she made it up but I could be wrong

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
flyfish said:
..and the man accused of saying it is Cuban. I think she made it up but I could be wrong
No, say it aint so!. She is a demon crat, they are above anything like that. ::)

I agree, That was my feeling from the first time I heard this.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
....also , if you watch the video when they are debating outside to the news the man not only goes so far to say with conviction word for word what happened in the surveilance video, he said his facebook page is public and can be seen that he is anti-republican, anti-trump, anti racist etc...etc. He looks caucasian. gasoline...meet fire. Two staunch democrats eating themselves on a central topic as of late but somehow ending up on different sides.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yeah well , its gotten SO out of hand , you can be arrested , charged with "hate crimes" for being a bigot and doing nothing but speaking your mind , with out so much as 1 cuss word . Glad I'm old , between that stuff and dealing with kid's , school's , " child abuse"  stuff , ( can't reprimand a kid ya know ?)  kids allowed to choose their sex ?? wtf ?  yeah I'd be arrested .......... 

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Archie Bunker would be in jail for any of the episodes, in todays PC culture.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
Buffalo local tv has it on .. reruns of old shows , yes the writers would be jailed , Red Fox  would'a been as well ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.