Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new transmission into my w250 and the fluid level is in range "checked in neutral level hot".  When I put my gear selector into D the truck will creep forward like normal, but when I give it gas it will rev a little bit then take off "kinda like a stall".  It won't do this again unless I change the gear selector to N or R or P, then put it back in D, 1 or 2.  Could there be something wrong with the gear selector, like its between gears?  I hope the transmission isn't slipping.  Another note, I can brake torque it and it will pull and not slip unless I do the above with the gear selector.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
your hoping .... well the trans has whats called "detents"  a definite click/hold in place at each shift location . remove the shift rod at trans . see if the trans and the shifter allow that rod to be aligned to drop into place .  or the rod is moving the trans to install it . check fluid level many times ....

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I rebuilt the transmission I would say "my bad" if it is slipping, since I spent a lot of money on a transmission i'm "hoping" its not slipping haha. 

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
;D  got it , yeah , if the linkage checks out , I'd call the fellas you paid tell them what its doing and see what they say ...  sounds almost like pressures are not doing what they should in the valve body .. ? but hard to say ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.