Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of rear gears for my 9.25 from jegs (Dana svl) I called today and was told they are now on back order till the end of December. I canceled the order, my question is what brands should I avoid buying? I see motive gears pop up as 50/50 of howling issues whether that’s true or not who knows.
Thanks
Rob

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I refuse to use Richmond gears.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I put a set of Motive in my trucks rear , no problem . I did use good bearings and a eliminator kit .

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did exactly what dodge82273 did two weeks ago. Motive 3.55s Timken bearings and crush sleeve eliminator kit. Put on about 400 miles so far. No howling or problems other than I tore the Timken axle seal on assembly and had to get a National brand axle seal from Oreilly (the only place with one in stock)to get the truck together that night. Bad idea, I should have read the reviews. Piece of junk and instant leak. Had to take it all back apart and clean the brakes on that side. Buy the best seals you can.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Parts are getting really hard to find right now.
Better hope nothing breaks down for a while.
I can't get Lincoln Mark 4 calipers for the rear 9" on my truck at all.
Summit says1/22 delivery date. Nobody has them anywhere.
Thankfully I found a rebuild kit... no pistons anywhere though. I hope my pistons are good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a bearing kit from jegs it has timken bearings I’m not sure about the seals I will ask the guy who’s building it for me to check, he’s a mechanic for the state of Ok and has rebuilt literally 100 9.25 rear ends but, he says the majority of them had at least 200k before being rebuilt

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
tell him to run his fingernail across the new bearing race .... I bought ones that you could feel your nail scratch across the surface , brand name too !... I DID NOT INSTALL them !

Reactions: Moparbob1987

·
Registered
984 Posts
I second that....Ive used two sets of Yukon without issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts