Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the power comes from for the gauge cluster lights? My indicator lamps such as oil light and blinker lights work but none of the gauge lights work. My air control light also doesn’t work.
side note that is unrelated to gauge lights: my hazard lights do not work even though I’ve replaced the blinker switch and my blinkers work.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Check that you have rear parking lamps. The instrument cluster lamps are tied to them to let you know when they are out and you don't have any tail lamps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check that you have rear parking lamps. The instrument cluster lamps are tied to them to let you know when they are out and you don't have any tail lamps.
I have regular tail lights and brake lights work. Not sure what is considered a parking lamp but all my light work except the hazards

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
l,ll go out on a limb and say you have a 1986 truck / fuse # 2 for the dash lights . fuse # 3 for the flashers or a bad flasher

howdy / please fill out your SIG that shows at the bottom of your posts with your truck info = it cuts down on the BS and and you recieve better answers because members dont hafta guess which year toyota you drive ???

NOTE / if you dont know howto fill out your SIG just ask me or a Mod for help ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
l,ll go out on a limb and say you have a 1986 truck / fuse # 2 for the dash lights . fuse # 3 for the flashers or a bad flasher

howdy / please fill out your SIG that shows at the bottom of your posts with your truck info = it cuts down on the BS and and you recieve better answers because members dont hafta guess which year toyota you drive ???

NOTE / if you dont know howto fill out your SIG just ask me or a Mod for help ;)
You would be correct but all of my fuses and flashers are new and good. I’m at a loss here

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
so the blinker switch is shot but you can test it

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Instrument lights on Mopars use an orange wire... I'm pretty sure.
Dodgeboys can post a wiring diagram of that... if you ask nicely.
You can trace those leads to a source to see what might be happening to your power.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yes orange & the headlight switch is involved.

Bucky

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
86ramsam you where here a day ago so l,ll assume you download or copied my diagrams so l,ll delete them

www.dodgeboys.net

1 - 11 of 11 Posts