Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!! Long time no talk too. I'm sorry I havn't been on much latley, work has really started to pick up for me. Anyway, I have replaced my stock carb with an Eddlebrock carb. After I installed it and have it tuned up, my gas milage completly went to garbage. Could that be because it isn't jetted correctly? I went from 11.5 mi/gal to barley 8.5 mi/gal. :\'( Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn
The CA RC

·
3,753 Posts
Most likely yes, the carb probably came with big jets and small metering rods. Did you get a strip kit with the carb that has different metering rods & jets, if not buy one or see if someone has one you can borrow. It wil be some trial and error to get it right, PS welcome back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting the 600cfm performer series eddlebrock. I'm now thinking that was a mistake, I think that I should have gotten the 750cfm at the minimum. Anyway, which way should I jet this carb? ??? Any hints would be great.

·
3,753 Posts
You MAY not have to change the jets, you might only have to swap metering rods(much easier).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
g_walter33 said:
I ended up getting the 600cfm performer series eddlebrock. I'm now thinking that was a mistake, I think that I should have gotten the 750cfm at the minimum.
I think even if you have a 360 Glenn, the 600 is plenty. Just wait til ya get it runnin right, you'll see ;D

How is it runnin now? No bog down? Smooth all the way thru acceleration?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ramdodger said:
g_walter33 said:
I ended up getting the 600cfm performer series eddlebrock. I'm now thinking that was a mistake, I think that I should have gotten the 750cfm at the minimum.
I think even if you have a 360 Glenn, the 600 is plenty. Just wait til ya get it runnin right, you'll see ;D

How is it runnin now? No bog down? Smooth all the way thru acceleration?
It is not really running well right now. It does bog down and isn't smooth at all through the acceleration.

G

·
Glenn, you didn't mention a manifold change. Are you still using the stock intake? If I remember correctly, you were running the stock QJet, which is a spreadbore carb. The Edelbrock is a square bore.

No offense, sir, but 9 times out of 10, problems with an aftermarket carb swap are usually in the installation. Aftermarket carbs may not always come with all the proper vacuum fittings. Were you able to re-connect all the vacuum hoses from the old carb to the new? Are you sure none of the vacuum hoses are cracked or loose? Is the kickdown linkage hooked correctly? If everything is in proper working order, that carb should run fairly well with only minor tweaking of the metering rods to adjust for altitude. If it were me, I'd go over everything in the install and double check to make sure it's all hooked up properly and there are no vacuum leaks before I started tearing into the carb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.