Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about this.
I like the idea of roving RamJam's, so everyone has an opportunity to go, and keep it for labor day weekend, usually that 4 days.

Also we should add an annual Texas wheeling trips, later in the year when it isnt so humid, I would attend this every so often, but not every year, but that could always change..LMAO

What do you all think?

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
I don't have a problem with a "roving" Ram Jam. From all the information I can gather from the first two, not much was done except trail rides. And the attendance at the second one was kinda low. If a Chapter is going to "host" a Ram Jam, then try to use all three to set up future Ram Jams. Take the best of all and make it better. Each year they should get better and better. But be perpared for lots of hard work.The gauntlet has been laid..

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Toyradio said:
The gauntlet has been laid..
Laid?
Must be a TX thing, ::) everyone else just throws the gauntlet down.! lol
Skip, from what I have heard, you guys did a PHENOMENAL Job setting up this one! Thats a heck of a challenge! :eek:

·
5,656 Posts
Well everyone wants to have a certain way. of cources everyone wants it close to them. Some want a central location for ramjam every year, some want it to be in different locations each years. So the only ways i can see to please everyone is STATE RAMJAM'S. Each state should have there own ramjam ;D Each chapters leader can be in charge and do all the work for there states ramjam. That way sam and jamie don't have to plan a nation wide ramjam event. And that way everyone can make there state's ramjam and if they want to go to anothers states they can but they have no say in whats involved. There now everyones happy ;D There is no way we can make everyone happy and meet everyone needs for this event. But i think we can get prety damn close ;D Because the people who want to go will go. ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Here we go again! lol!!

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
LOL! I see you WERE around last year!!

·
5,656 Posts
phoenix827 said:
LOL! I see you WERE around last year!!
you know how it goes , got to make everyone happy ;D i just throw ideas out there, and if you like them then great, if you don't then thats fine too. ;D but i understand why everyone want to go to ramjam its a great event and i can't imagine missing it next year. I just want to help make it as great and fun as it was this year.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
phoenix827 said:
Toyradio said:
The gauntlet has been laid..
Laid?
Must be a TX thing, ::) everyone else just throws the gauntlet down.! lol
Skip, from what I have heard, you guys did a PHENOMENAL Job setting up this one! Thats a heck of a challenge! :eek:
LMAO, Skip is trying.
The rest of you guys are getting it right.

I figure within the decade hosting one down in New Mexico desert.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Some might just throw something out, we do it then lay it down for you to top. j/king. I actually hope next years is better than this years. Learn and improve. I don't care where it's held at. I think the events that were held made this years Ram Jam what it was. Everyone who was able to attend seemed to enjoy them.Actually it WAS the MEMBERS who made Ram Jam what it was. The events just topped it all off. Places like Shiloh Ridge are hard to find. I realize that. Most place just offer trails to ride usually for the locals. One thing that concerns me is the lack of RV camping sites and tent sites. We need somplace that can hold 50 or more campers in various modes. ie: tents, and RV's. Showers, restrooms, concessionstand/food, ect. Someplace where we won't have to travel to wheel then travel to where we are staying. Now where do we stand. I'm not to crazy about each chapter having it's own Ram Jam. I like one meeting once a year. Make it if you can, if not try for the next one. But with a years notice, planning and saving don't see why you can't make it. Pool your resources and travel together. Whatever it take just get there. Most of this years Ram Jam Mike and I worked on my TD..We missed alot, but it was so cool meeting and talking with the members we did. Everyone I asked for help, parts, tools, ect was answered by someone from RCC. We have the best members on this site. Now, lets find a great place for Ram Jam 05.

·
5,656 Posts
Toyradio said:
Some might just throw something out, we do it then lay it down for you to top. j/king. I actually hope next years is better than this years. Learn and improve. I don't care where it's held at. I think the events that were held made this years Ram Jam what it was. Everyone who was able to attend seemed to enjoy them.Actually it WAS the MEMBERS who made Ram Jam what it was. The events just topped it all off. Places like Shiloh Ridge are hard to find. I realize that. Most place just offer trails to ride usually for the locals. One thing that concerns me is the lack of RV camping sites and tent sites. We need somplace that can hold 50 or more campers in various modes. ie: tents, and RV's. Showers, restrooms, concessionstand/food, ect. Someplace where we won't have to travel to wheel then travel to where we are staying. Now where do we stand. I'm not to crazy about each chapter having it's own Ram Jam. I like one meeting once a year. Make it if you can, if not try for the next one. But with a years notice, planning and saving don't see why you can't make it. Pool your resources and travel together. Whatever it take just get there. Most of this years Ram Jam Mike and I worked on my TD..We missed alot, but it was so cool meeting and talking with the members we did. Everyone I asked for help, parts, tools, ect was answered by someone from RCC. We have the best members on this site. Now, lets find a great place for Ram Jam 05.
Skip, i was joking about the state ramjam, just becasue everyone want to have ramjam near them LOL ;D I agree with you about haveing one big event once a year. And you are right its not the place or the trucks that truly makes ramjam its the people. But the location and event does help ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Ok, Can we get a list in ONE thread of what is needed and wanted for RamJams? ;D I will do my best to help find a spot, but I need to know what is needed. So far we have got camping space for 50-100 seperate set-ups, Mud pit, barrel race, good varity of trails, space to hang out . What else?

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
I think the one a year is good! It would be to much conflict for each state to try & plan & schedule an event & have it for all.

·
5,656 Posts
phoenix827 said:
Ok, Can we get a list in ONE thread of what is needed and wanted for RamJams? ;D I will do my best to help find a spot, but I need to know what is needed. So far we have got camping space for 50-100 seperate set-ups, Mud pit, barrel race, good varity of trails, space to hang out . What else?
Running water, eletricity for the trailers, bathrooms, good location to a town with 24hr gas station , grocery store and parts store. if i think of any more ill post but you might want to ask sam to make the post since he "DA MAN" ;D

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Showers......

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Just a suggestion, we should be planning next years ram jam,not looking for a place to have it. I also like the idea of roving ram jams next years ram jam should be were one has already been, ya'll know whats there.We need to be a year ahead on the ram jams that way we can tell when the following year RJ is at the present one. Please make a date by Dec. I have to turn in my vacation for next year then. I am on call 24 hours a day 7days a week with 3 days a month off and I work on the ambulance part time

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
If we can't decide by the end of the year like Mike said, then I vote for Shiloh Ridge.

I like the idea of having Ram Jam around the country and I like to see different places, but we need some concrete plans.

For me, I know what to expect in Texas.

Maybe if we had a RCC only camping area away from the main entrance there wouldn't be so much noise. I saw a ton of camping areas that had water hook ups. Electricity isn't that hard to get. Just takes a little forethought. The only drawback to being farther away is we're farther from the showers/bathrooms. How about RCC only port-a-potties? If only we are using them, then we can keep them clean. Hell, we can even have a cleaning roster. We could get some temporary fencing and close in our camping area. Have a big central firepit with everyone camping around it in an ever expanding ring. We can use tow trailers to further close our area in. Get our own garbage dumpster, etc.

I'm just kind of brain storming as I type.

One thing that comes to mind though, is that there will probably be more people than this year. More people means more organization and more volunteers. I, for one, had no idea how much time and effort a few people put into Ram Jam. We just may need to have rosters of people to help clean up, gather firewood, do events, run raffles, get shirts, give me air conditioning.....;D

If we can get a time and place figured out, I will spend as much time as I can helping to organize it. I have a lot of time during the week. Hell, I'll even take a trip if I have to and I can afford it. I'm also planning to allot more time next year so I can get there a couple days early and set up for everyone.

One important thing to remember is that we're not going to make everyone happy, no matter what we do.

Ted

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Ok Ted, great suggestions. I really like your thinking. Plan ahead. We should know where the next one is a year in advance. We could reserve an area in advance for Ram Jam at Shiloh Ridge while we research and find a good location for the next one. I know we reserve our spot at Shiloh Ridge in December for the following year. If needed I can make the reservations for us. Think about this water spots only, bring a generator. We could get the Northern part of the camp area next to the trees. We camped in the Southern area. It would cut down on dust, noise, and be an area where we could all camp together. Just a suggestion. We could get one whole corner with about a dozen or so water sites.If we do this it would give the members a chance to locate another site, and make the necessary arrangements.We know what we have there. Reserving this area in advance would mean we have a place off to ourselves, but not too far from the rest of the areas. I may be just rambling but I had so much fun and met some of the bestest people.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Oh, it took more than a year to actually plan this years Ram Jam.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
ProjectM880 said:
Because the people who want to go will go. ;D
now eric while this is true for a part of the members, it isnt true for all, i tried very hard to amke it to the last 2 ramjama and i am gonna try really hard to make it to the next one, it is just that sometimes life happens to get in the way at the most inopportune times

ramjam2 i had just started school, lost my job at the time and ended up not having the money, ramjam3 i had not been at current job long enough to have accrued vacation time, unless something unforseen happens, i am already planning to go to the next ramjam, wether it be at superlift or in shiloh,

vacation time at the moment is not a big deal, i just need about 30 days notice on it, but as we all know that is still at least 9 months away and things do happen.

either way, let me know of anyway i can help and i will do it.

eric

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.