Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started about six months ago. I kept having some problems with my emergency brake, but when I got it fixed the dash light for the emergency brake stays on. This wasn't a really big deal - I just added some duct tape over the light and bingo! I was done.

Not sure if this new problem is related or not, but recently I noticed that my gate open dash light was on constantly, too. When I step on the brake, the light gets brighter. At the same time at the gate open light started going haywire, my horn and interior lights also stopped working.

So... apparently I have a Frankinstein monster on my hands. Any ideas what it might be? I'm thinking something is grounded out somewhere, but screwing around with the electrical system is something that I've left up to the professionals for a reason.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
sounds like you are either grounding out somewhere or have some loose connections behind your dash, not real hard to fix the connections, just got to find them and tighten them up if this is the prob.

eric

·
Registered
537 Posts
Check the metal bracket under the dash about where the ash tray is located. There are several blade connectors hooked to this bracket on my RC.

·
7,995 Posts
Check fuse #9 and see if its blown. Also the first thing I would fix is the E brake switch. It's located on the E brake pedal asm and will have one wire going to it. All the switch does is provide a ground. The switch could be bad and you can get a new one at any good auto parts store for around $5. Get back to us with what you find.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies all. Works has been fairly busy however, and I haven't had much of a chance to try anything you've suggested.

I'll let you know as soon as I do, though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts