Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at putting a 92 Cummins Diesel in a 78 RC. Does anyone know if the original fuel tank and lines can be used for the diesel setup?

·
2,317 Posts
go to the diesel board, repost this there or ask a mod to move it. rxt and mrpeal both have done the conversion.

·
2,317 Posts
well, i guess it got moved. alright there joe!

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Not sure if you can retro the tank or not. I know/think the opening for the fuel pump is different between the two. Never compared fuel lines.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
i used the stock fuel tank but upgraded to larger lines on the diesel side, i would say the stock gas lines would work with a 12 valve just fine but would err on the side of caution on the 24 valves and go larger lines, the filler tube has to be changed to allow the diesel pump to fit or you modify it which wouldnt be too hard, although i cleaned my stock tank and even retrofitted the stock pickup screen to flow diesel. not too hard to do.

jamie

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Cool...now I know too

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. My filler is when leaded gas was still used for the trucks (1978) so my filler tube is larger than what is used on the present no-leaded filler tubes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts