Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of picking up a 90 rc EFI 318 auto with 2in body lift and has 35s on it for $500. The fuel pump is out and I was wondering if they were hard to replace just drop the tank and take out put back in if I am correct ( I think he also metioned when I call that there was a hole to replace it in back floor cause it happened before).

Is this a good deal or not?

The thing I was also wondering instead of replacing the stock one in the tank could i put a aftermarket one in?

Do the fuel pumps go out alot?

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
It's a bit of a pain to change the pump, but essentially you do just drop the tank (after disconnecting the hoses).  The real problem is verifying that is the problem or that there isn't something else wrong with it - "Gee, now that the engine runs I can hear the rod knock (or the tranny is blown, etc)"

edit: didn't see the part he had cut a hole in the bed.  If so it is very easy to change from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking of taking a look at it this weekend and I will see. What else should I look for structurally since it will be may first rc I know the comon stuff are there any week spots i should look for.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
heck if the pos already cut the rear floor no need to drop the tank just go thru the hole he already cut. without it running just really the usual stuff. but pay attention to the color and smell of the fluids. and when you get it running change ALL the fluids and REGREASE everthing. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts