Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got my truck running decent but it seems real low on power... at least it doesnt die anymore trying to give it the gas. ok so i pulled a code 21 and replaced the o2 sensor. ok now i cant get it to spin the tires on wet pavement. im thinking its fuel pressure. so i put a gauge on the top lie of the tbi and its reading 14-15 lbs at idle. stomp on it and it doesnt boost pressure at all. could the regulator be bad and not boosting pressure? am i on the right line going to the tbi? i dont think a vacuum leak would effect the pressure as much since the regulator gets its vacuum from above the throttle blades. soi suppose the first thing to do be to trace line from tbi to map and plug vacuum off going everywhere else? Wouldnt the ecu throw a code for a lean condition or would it just compensate seeing the o2 readings and dump more fuel into it? any ideas?

·
Registered
162 Posts
88 TBI should be 14.5 psi +or- 1psi. It's regulated at that pressure so it shouldn't increase or decrease very much when you change throttle position. If it was dropping, you would have to check that the volume was ok.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
your pressure is great. just where its supposed to be.

i dont think there is a code for lean condition.

these ecus usually just throw a code for a component that may or may not be working. these codes arent always dependable.

i unhooked my throttle position sensor and forgot to plug it back in. i drove around the yard just fine and it didnt throw codes either. only then did i remember i forgot to plug it back in.

what you might do is use a volt meter on the o2 sensor. check the air fuel ratio. you may or may not be running out of spec.

see what kinda voltage you are pulling from the o2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts