Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I'm running some new stainless steel fuel line. Seems the return line is 5/16" squeezed  down to 1/4"at the ends,where it goes into rubber line.                   
    The question is, will I have a pressure problem running 1/4" Hardline for the return?🤔

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I found an old throttle body and harvested the fuel feed port fitting , 5/16". I'm swapping it with the 1/4" return on the throttle body. Shouldn't be a problem?       
          Ok so now true 5/16" return line all the way back to the tank. My next problem- does anyone make a 1/4" to 5/16" hose barb 90 degree Quick Connect????? Thanks in advance if anybody can help me with this

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
sorry , never seen a squeezed down steel line from 5/16ths to 1/4 , yet . I know there are 1/4 vent lines and 5/16 fuel lines , but the step deal ... ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what it is. Weird!  The vent line for the roll-over valve is 3/16. So now what I'm looking for is a quick connect 90 that goes from quarter inch female to 5/16 male.                                                                                       
              I found one that is straight, w/a rubber hose barb end. And a 90 w/ a different type of squeeze lock but that one has a serrated Barbed end for nylon hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
90 with wrong type of Hose end,and diff type of squeeze lock.      Then the straight one has the correct type of hose end, and same style but not 90.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way this is what the return line Looks like 5/16 squeezed  down to 1/4 inch ,wherever it goes to rubber line.  Don't mind the fitting it's just a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured it out after I took the connectors off the fuel pump module. The fuel supply and drain are 3/8 to 5/16, and the return is 5/16 to 1/4 fittings. Wish I went with 3/8 line but I had 5/16 stainless in the garage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.