Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
tryin to figure out the proper fuel line routing for my 89 W100. 4x4 auto 318.

supply and return are obvious ones.
there is a 3rd fitting on the pump/sending unit labelled "drain" not sure where its supposed to go.

i believe the line from the rollover valve/separtor, which has a t fittings on top,  is supposed to lead o the charcoal can, and the other side of that same fitting seems to be open with no line attached to it at all.

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
the "drain" go,s to the charcoal canister and the T-fitting only has ONE hose on it / the LARGE nipple is plugged and the little one go,s to the roll over valve

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one problem with that. the roll over valve is built into the pump itself. so where does the hose from the rollover valve go TO?

heres what i found under my other 89 rame d150.
"drain" fitting led to just a loop of rubber hose with the end plugged
the side of the rollover valve that had a hose attache connected to steel 3/16 and headed for the fron of the truck... but was rotted apart ubder the drivers side and i couldnt follow it from there. so i assumed this went to the can, but i suspected the "drain" line was supposed to go to the char. can.

not saying that it is correct on that truck either, just observation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i've now seen three 89's and all have the drain fitting go up to the bottom of the box and a plug on the end.
the smaller side of the tee fitting on the rollover valve goes to the front of the truck to the charcoal canister.
other side of the t fitting is always open.

so i guess this is the set-up i will use as i havent found a helpful manual yet, and i'm pretty sure that the only 2 that REALLY matter are the supply and return lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts