Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, if this stupid thing posts more then once I’m sorry it keeps showing me that I am not successfully posting. Ok so I have had my 89 ramcharger for almost two weeks been going through it slowly as I get to know it and find repair manuals....blah blah blah. So I ran across the posts on the cleaner called seafoam. Figured I’d driving a couple hours to see hubby. Let’s put come in the tank when I fill up. Well I get here and my husband notices a small puddle from something maybe five inches in diameter under my rig. Points it out and look. Nothing active. I tell him I will keep an eye on it. Well it’s gone from barely noticeable to wtf. Took a look and it appears to be my rubber fuel line. Apparently what ever gunk was keeping it sealed got cleaned away. And so for a NOOB like me is there any advice on what I should and shouldn’t do while replacing my fuel line? Additional things I should look at while I’m under her? Thankfully I have you as a resource and appreciate any input.

·
Administrator
62,266 Posts
Welcome to RCC.

Where is the leak? engine, under the door area, or on top of the tank?

The engine, I think 89 was still at the front of the engine, so it is semi easy. But if I remember right, it is a steel covered line, and crimped at the bottom. You would wnat to use a hacksaw, and carefully cut the crimped sleeve off. Just make a cut parallel to the line, fuel line, then you can use a pair of pliers to twist the rest of the sleeve off.

If its underneath the door, it is the small section that connects to the fuel filter. A great time to swap a new filter in, and it will come with a new line, and clamps.

Above the tank, you are in for some more fun. The easiest way is to drop the tank, and replace all the rubber lines while you are at it. If thats the case, we can go into more detail.

Whatever you have to do, remember to get the fuel line and clamps rated for fuel injection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s the area where it is about even with the door. If I’m seeing it correctly. It appears to be rubber. But then again I may be confusing tubes down there I haven’t truly climbed under to start yet so when I do I will get a feel for what there. That and my handy dandy manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.