Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
    My fuel gauge hasn't worked since I got the truck. The resistance is always 15.6 ohms. Wires are good so I know I need a new sending unit. What are my choices? I can't seem to find one anywhere. I got a 22 gal tank as far as I can tell. It there a way to mount a different sender to my pump unit? It mounts with 2 small screws and it looks like I could make another one work if I could mount it and bend the float arm correctly.
    Anyone have a solution for this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
    Yeah sorry I kept forgetting to update my sig. 89 w100 5.2 3spd shortbed. I was thinking of using a universal level unit but I really don't want to go through the trouble of making it work somehow.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Ajaxzem said:
My fuel gauge hasn't worked since I got the truck. The resistance is always 15.6 ohms. Wires are good so I know I need a new sending unit. What are my choices? I can't seem to find one anywhere. I got a 22 gal tank as far as I can tell. It there a way to mount a different sender to my pump unit? It mounts with 2 small screws and it looks like I could make another one work if I could mount it and bend the float arm correctly.
Anyone have a solution for this?
If it's always the same reading, it's stuck in one spot. Maybe you can fix it yourself without replacement.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I did my fuel pump I took a look at the level unit and checked the connections. It didn't work before that and moving it up and down doesn't change the ohm reading.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Ajaxzem said:
When I did my fuel pump I took a look at the level unit and checked the connections. It didn't work before that and moving it up and down doesn't change the ohm reading.
That's weird. Guess a replacement is required. There are also companies that can repair them if you can't find a good replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.