Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
On the older stuff, it is basically a couple of wires a sending unit (variable resistor) and gauge (ohmmeter). Give us some more information. I looked in your profile and it says 79 Power Wagon with Auto Meter Gauges. Some companies require their own sending unit. Auto Meters website should have instructions. If its stock let us know someone probably has the shop manual (a recommended purchase) and tell you what you need.

·
5,422 Posts
Could be bad connection at the firewall under the hood or a bad sender in the fuel tank. You can pull the wire connection off the sender at the tank and with the key on momentatily ground it and the gauge should go up to full..if if doesnt than you have a wiring or gauge problem...if it does go up then you sending unit or ground at the tank is bad.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
take your plasma shrinker ray gun and midgitize a buddy and a boat. drop them in the tank with a walky walky or a cb. then they tell you when you are starting to get low. then ya fill up. just dont drown the suckers or they could get stuck in the fuel lines. :-\

·
Registered
12 Posts
My fuel guage has worked off and on for 7 years. The only way I keep from running out of gas is to make sure I reset the trip odometer at every fill up and start to look for gas before I get to 200...

·
5,422 Posts
The wires are connected to the sender in the fuel tank..its on top the tank where you'll find the connections...then the wires run along the frame to the firewall connector and then the dash harness wires attach to the firewall and run up to the instrument cluster and fuel gauge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.