Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic dropped my fuel tank and in the process he broke the plastic piece that the filler neck screws to. The plastic piece screws to to the inside of the fuel door. Anyone know if anything crosses that will fit. I can find this part for sale and I'm pretty sure it is made of unobtainium.

Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
984 Posts
Probably a junkyard only item at this point, you may try posting in the wanted section, if DODGEBOYS chimes in he may have one.

·
Administrator
60,447 Posts
The part number is 4279778 , Google it and there is some around, but keep looking, some of those prices are crazy. others did not look bad. Just check out the seller before jumping on what looks like a bargain.

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
l,d look on ebay as far as buying one online , l,ll look as l should have several dozen somewhere around

this would be the perfect part for HOBO to make with his fancy new printer

besides the filler neck stays in the truck when you take the tank out [ you disconnect the rubber hose ] if your "mechanic" broke it l,d make him pay for it and then find another mechanic as this guy sucks

·
Registered
188 Posts
I started a thread looking for one of these for my truck a while back. So hard to come by.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What year and model of truck do you have?

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
with a leap of faith l,d say a 1989 RC by his user name but that could mean nothing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is an 89. We took it completely apart and cleaned it then used some 2 part epoxy for a temporary fix. Hoping to find something in the junkyard that either fits or can be made to do so.

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
interchange is 1987 to 1996 Dakota ,/ 1981 to 1993 D & W truck or RC

Reactions: snowfighter10

·
Registered
45 Posts
My mechanic dropped my fuel tank and in the process he broke the plastic piece that the filler neck screws to. The plastic piece screws to to the inside of the fuel door. Anyone know if anything crosses that will fit. I can find this part for sale and I'm pretty sure it is made of unobtainium.

Thanks, Alan
I broke that when I was replacing my fuel pump:

I can weld it back together if you can't find the part. I did a hack job on mine, but now that I know what type of plastic it is I can make it look good as new with a seamless repair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts