Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been hashed and rehashed to death, because for the last couple of days I have been reading through all the posts about it from the past several years.  What I am needing is a picture of the hose for an 88 Gas Fed TBI 318, if it makes a difference.  I know I could pull my old one off, but its a long cold walk to the parts store if I do just to told that a suitable substitute will need to be ordered.  If you have a picture of one and possibly the overall length of the hose please post it up.  I know the originals are made of unobtanium, I am just needing to source a work around without resorting to radiator hose.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
area51 said:
I assume that you know if you use radiator hose, that will be for a very short time?
Oh yes, it will break down in very short order, of that I am aware.

Elwenil said:
Thank you Elwenil I will use that as a resource for certain, but the only thing that they list for an 88 Ramcharger are the metal filler tube and the rubber grommet, I already have those pieces, I am in need of the rubber fuel filler hose.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
CADFather said:
Thank you Elwenil I will use that as a resource for certain, but the only thing that they list for an 88 Ramcharger are the metal filler tube and the rubber grommet, I already have those pieces, I am in need of the rubber fuel filler hose.
Look at the menus, they also sell straight and elbow pieces of fuel filler hose.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Elwenil said:
Look at the menus, they also sell straight and elbow pieces of fuel filler hose.
I should have known there was a place out there like this. ;D
After all there is Spatula World.

Thanks for that link!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just went through this installing my tank back and removing my fuel cell. Not sure where you have looked but I would recommend crawling under the truck and taking a look. I went to my local O’Reilly and they had varying length of straight filler hoses.

Didn’t really help me so went to Napa they have hoses at about 24” long with either 90 or 45 degree bends. I bought 90 and a couple of hose clamps and good to go now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rod1701 said:
Just went through this installing my tank back and removing my fuel cell. Not sure where you have looked but I would recommend crawling under the truck and taking a look. I went to my local O'Reilly and they had varying length of straight filler hoses.

Didn't really help me so went to Napa they have hoses at about 24" long with either 90 or 45 degree bends. I bought 90 and a couple of hose clamps and good to go now
Thank you so very much, while all of the responses to this thread were helpful, this one was the most helpful to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.