Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The How To didn't specify and searching didn't give me a firm answer so I have to ask.

I want to make sure I choose a passenger side steering arm that will elevate the drag link high enough to clear the spring pack.  Yes this is for a crossover steering.

Most people say the ORD is great and I see plenty of posts where it is used, but I'm not certain that people who have used it have my axle lift combo (although it is pretty common). 

I just want to not waste time buying something and then have to return/replace it.

NW-Fabworks makes one that designed with a slight rise specifically for this reason... but is is a bit spendy.

Does anyone have my specific set up and have used the ORD CrossOver Steering.  If their steering arms works (draglink clears the spring pack), I'll likely get their draglink stuff too.  I already have a DA40 drop pitman

·
Registered
29,344 Posts
it does not matter which arm you buy ALL of them clear the spring pack / l,ve never seen anybody have that problem / even on home made stuff / unless you put the link on the bottem of the arm  / which is wrong and then it might hit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that is what I would have thought too.  Then, paying closer attention to Greg's How To on the D44 Crossover, he mentioned having to use a spacer to raise the height of the passenger side steering arm. 
That's when I tried searching some more on this board and in general and every once in awhile you find someone mentioning they had clearance issues with their spring packs.  That's what made me curious enough to ask the question. 

·
Vendor
11,515 Posts
The mounting point on a D60 is taller than the D44. That's why the D44 needs the spacer. You could go with the thick arm instead of the thinner 7/8" or1"arm & take any of the worry out of it.
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts