Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the entire windshield trim that is dent free and hasn't seen the good sign of a piece of sandpaper across it.  No dents and no kinks please.  I know its out there!

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
I take it you are looking for the metal trim that was used in the early 70's, and not the chrome windshield seal insert, like was used in the later trucks. I have only ever seen one of the metal ones. You will need lots of luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one!  Its out there....  Thank you for the photos.  Now I know the trim does not hook into the locking bead in the rubber and I can get the rubber.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
The rubber is smaller, but I'm sure it could easily be cut down. You also need the mounting clips.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
after looking at those pictures I'm going to have to see if the new windshield gasket that I bought thinking it was the correct one for my 74 Ramcharger is in fact the correct gasket.  My truck uses the trim (I have it) and plan on using it when I put a windshield back in it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I posted this I went out to my truck to see if it had the nodes to attach the clips to and it does not.  I was going to give up and now I see that they are actually screwed into the window frame.  Looks like I could make this work but now the big question is the rubber!  Thank you for sharing such great photos.  If you track down the rubber let me know!  I'm having the top of the cab repainted the second week in Nov and collecting the parts.

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
I have only ever seen one rubber listed. I highly doubt you will ever find the smaller one new. But I think you could trim a standard one to give room for the clips.  I'll try to get some pics of a standard one, and even take a knife to see how the size com pares.

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
garvey4719 said:
One more try..... in photo 103_0866 there is a Mopar part number. Can you send that to me. It looks like 343....

Thank you!
Sorry I missed you other post. I'll try to remember and run down later and get that for you.

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
Here you go. looks like
3494 618

Has the same number on both sides.

IIRC, the 3494 618 is the Mopar number, and the 31206 is the number for the company that made the gasket.  I'm sure I'll be  corrected if I am wrong.

Attachments

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
Not a problem, glad you caught that, keep us informed how you make out. looks like that truck will get moved up in the work schedule, and may be on the road next year. Would love to put the trim back on, but the windshield needs replaced, so it depends on whether I can get a correct gasket, otherwise I will likely cut the outer edge of the gasket.  I'll post if I find anything, But likely will not get to looking until spring.

·
Registered
633 Posts
old thread, I know..

But I wanted to bump this as I'm now at a crossroads.

I have the Reveal Molding / Windshield Trim for my 74 Ramcharger SE.  I also have the original gasket and a new replacement gasket.  I had a windshield install scheduled for Friday but had to push that back after realizing that I'm missing a trim clip and one of them is broke too :(

Attached are pictures showing the difference between the original gasket for trucks w/ the reveal molding / windshield trim, and the replacement, for the trucks without.

It appears that with a very sharp razor and some patience, that the extra flap on the new gaskets can be trimmed back.  I don't know if I'm going to go forward re-using my OEM gasket or the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
hate to tell you this but there the SAME gasket , one is a shrunken shriveled up dried out rock hard and 47 years old , the other is new and supple and what the other one looked like in 1974

·
Registered
633 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
hate to tell you this but there the SAME gasket , one is a shrunken shriveled up dried out rock hard and 47 years old , the other is new and supple and what the other one looked like in 1974
no it's not. There is an additional rubber flap on the replacement one that doesn't exist on my still supple OEM one.

do you have any reveal molding clips for the upper or lower (they're the same) trim? The side clips are different (taller) and reproduced, I'm having no luck on finding a few more of the upper/lower pieces.

even doing a quick google search for the part number shows a difference. Look under "Product Description" https://store.mopar.com/1987-dodge-d150-base-gas_5.9_8-transmission_automatic_3-body_hardware-glass-channel_3494618-item/

It sucks having a hi-born truck and trying to make it new again.

·
Registered
633 Posts
DODGEBOYS's  hopefully these two pictures will illustrate the additional flap on the replacement gasket designed for trucks w/o trim a little better for you.  I had no idea there was a difference until I first came across this post back in late 19' either. 

Attachments

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
I agree, it is definitely a smaller gasket used with the metal chrome trim setups.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.