Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

In the market to buy some wheels here in the next month or so and need some help with fitment for the front. My ride is a 86 d150 that has been lowered with the van lca's. About a 3 to 4 inch drop. Here is the link to the build for photo reference.

https://ramchargercentral.com/projects/1986-d150-autocrossstrip-build/

Here are the wheel specs, I am looking at trying to get the widest wheel/tire combo under the front as well as the back. Just worried about the fronts right now but looking at 9 inch wide wheels. Here are the specs and link.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3978955

Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5 x 5 1/2
Size: 17" x 9"
Center Bore Diameter: 4.280 in. or 108.71mm
Backspacing: 5.00 in
Offset: 0.00

Goal here is maximum traction for autocrossing. Let me know thoughts/experiences. I believe 8 inch wide will fit with a 4.5" backspacing based on what I have seen online with application searches.

Thanks,

Neil

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
On a 2wd, I'll more than happily run mixed wheels/tires - wider in the back, narrower in the front.

Two of my D250's with sagged springs have somehow managed to grab the front fender and bend it inward. Thats stock wheels and only 235/85R16 tires.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info,

I figured and assumed I will have to remove the inner fenders.  Good information to share, might have to go with a smaller wheel up front for sure.  I need to get a tire and wheel off, mock up something, and see what I can come up with.  Need to get smart with designing me some measurement tools out of stuff laying around the garage.

I know I am just trying for as much grip as possible and a set of wheels that actually look the same from front to back. 

Neil

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well bit the Bullitt, bought the set I had listed, 17 x9's front and rear looks like everything will clear. Only issue is on driver side front sway bar looks like the end may hit with tire installed. Looks like some metal bending will be in the future. 

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link, looks like ecerything is going to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.