Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried swapping the front springs on their 2-wheel drive to even out the driver side sags?A fellow mechanic friend who has several years more experience than me said he remembers doing way back when and I was wondering if anyone here has done it. ram86

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Doing what? switching the springs from side to side? it would be easier to put in a spring a rubber or half a rubber, then again bad bushings could also cause a difference in hieght

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
You should measure frame height first to make sure that it is the frame sagging and not the body. If it's the frame, you may have some spring work to do. If it's the body, I've made my own cab mount brackets.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
could be a broken spring too-look at the ends to make sure they are a square cut .check the rear for breaks also,if i was going to the trouble of swapping left to right ,i'd toss in the few bucks and put in new ones,saves hauling tools back and forth to swap springs from side to side.there was also a bulletin for a sagging problem,i dont recall what year it covers......

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would just buy new ones at the parts store. The front HD ones where less then 100 bux if i remember right. My D150's springs are bad also. The truck is almost riding on the rubber bumbers all the time now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts