Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me where I can replacement spindles for my 1990 Ramcharger with the Dana 44-8FD front axle? Or are they dealer only items?
Thanks,
Drew

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I would check out junk yards. That would be the cheapest way to go. I don't even know if a dealer can get them.

Check out the CT chapter board and post this there. The CT members (and MA, too) are really cool and one of them may be able to help you out.

Just for info, if you go to junkyards, you don't need to get only 1990 spindles, just ones from a part time Dana 44.....I think the years are 1981-1993, but maybe 1980, too.

I used spindles from a 1984 Ramcharger on my 1990 Ramcharger for about 6 months until I swapped the whole axle out.

Ted

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Locate a authorized Dana/Spicer dealer. I deal with a local shop here that mainly works with medium and heavy duty trucks however they can still get me anything for dana pickup axles as well. They've bailed me out a few times when every other parts house including the dealer said good luck

·
Registered
551 Posts
Try NAPA. I got a set of hubs(the whole hub not the locking hub) for 115 a side and noone else could and the dealer wanted 475 a side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts