Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on my 1990 4x4 RC. The front axle is from a 1984 so it's a non-cad axle.

Both of my front tires are tipped out a little bit at the top. I know there's a technical word for this, but I don't know it.

From the front, they look like this: \---/ Not quite that radical, but you get the picture.

The ball joints are NAPA lifetime and they only have about 2k miles on them. I have the socket to tighten the insert for the upper ball joint and I torqued everthing as per the FSM. Bearings are tight, too. I spent quite a while today looking at it and I can't find anything loose.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ted

·
5,681 Posts
try jacking up the front axle with the tires still on try to wiggle the top and bottom of the tire. just push on it toward the fender and back. if it does wiggle then i believe that means a ball jiont is out. but ive never replaced them, so im not sure.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, everything is tight.

Thanks for the links Sledge and I'll see if I can get an alignment done tomorrow.

Ted

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sounds like you have excessive POSITIVE CAMBER. There are special ball joints to correct this condition. See www.northstarmfg.com/
click on "Products" then give your application (i.e. Dodge truck) They cost about $18/ea one needed for each side.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts