Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I was riding with my brother in his 2001 Dodge Off Road It is bone stock except for the 2 1/2" spacers in the front to make the truck sit level. It currently has the stock shocks in it. With the stock 275 75 17 tires and wheels it gets a major hop in the front end. Not like a death wobble it is more like a basket ball bouncing up and down. I watched out out the passeger side window. He can recreate the condition on this on particular part of the road like clock work. It only happens with the stock tires and wheels The alternate set of tires and wheels are 305 70 16. with the larger tires on it is not an issue.

I think the shocks are too short or to week what do you guys think?

the dealer is also stumped this truck has 30K on it and it is a mall princess no doubt about it.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Well, shock manufacturers recommend new shocks over 2" of lift...they are recommended with add a leafs too, but not required.

·
3,752 Posts
Greg my V10 did this with a spacer lift, the only thin that cured it was longer adjustable lower link to put the caster back in line.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
The Off Road edition already has a lift and is at the max of height before alot of parts like the control arms need changed with any additional lift.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There can be several things that can cause wobble. Worn tie rod ends, track bar bushings gone, worn wheelbearings, loose steering box, bad shocks, tire out of round or out of balance, bent rim.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This problem is directly related to the spacers. I can take the spacers out and no problem. Put the spacers back in and the problem is back. He is going to get the new adjustable arms and we'll go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts