Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put six inches of lift on my dodge w200 and my front driveshaft doesnt quite reach. Is this normal and what is the cheapest fix without getting a new driveshaft. ???

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
that sounds normal. A cheap fix would probably be a driveshaft spacer that is available at most places that sell lift kits. But you might want to ask somebody else for more input :)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
santak said:
that sounds normal. A cheap fix would probably be a driveshaft spacer that is available at most places that sell lift kits. But you might want to ask somebody else for more input :)
The biggest spacers I've seen are 1 inch. Would it reach, and do they make bigger ones? I am getting the 6 inch kit and don't want to get a new driveshaft right now...kind of tight on cash

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 5 in . lift now and I did'nt need a spacer so I would bet 1 in. spacer would work also is there going to be any binding in your universals you might be putting a trans drop or transfer case drop depending on divorced transfer or mated transfer but that would affect length too

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I have a 6" lift, and never did need or use a spacer.......only needed new shafts when I swapped tcases.

Didnt' really need it then, but since I DID need a new rear shaft, I got a new front one too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts