Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking everywhere hope you guys can help. Has anyone done or know of first hand if a front diff off of a grand cherokee zj will swap right into a cherokee xj. I have to get this done in one shot or sweety puss is going to move me out in the driveway with the truck if I have to wait and fab or order something to make this work, yea I know I should get off my butt and measure it all my self, but hey maybe you guys can help out. oh and this is a 1993 project both are matching years. Had the editor of JP magazine tell me that 95% of it should work. Would like to know forsure  100% of it if someone has done the swap. Only reason I not living in my Ramcharger cus the motor is running ;D
Thanks in advance
REB

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
As I recall the last one we did was easy as pie, minor fudge and fab stuff ;D

DB426

·
Registered
29,347 Posts
most of it should just be a bolt in / the only thing l can think of is the pinion yoke on the ZJ is different

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Also the XJ could have had a CAD axle depending on the 4WD system used.  The ZJ will not be a CAD axle.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks a lot,
and I am using the  AWD transfer case out of the grand with the front diffs drive shaft, so I figure the yoke should not be a problem, just the length. OK so I loose a couple of MPG and have to deal with the viscus coupling in the case. But I figure the cost of that compaired to getting locking hubs and a different transfer case out ways the cost. Plus if the gearing is correct I got a few tricks up my sleeve on getting back some of that MPG :)
Thanks again
REB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts