Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 4" of lift and 35" tires, and when articulated and turning I get slight rubbing at the back of the wheel well. I was planning to do cross over steering anyways, so why should I not move the front axle forward 1.5" to 2"? I need a new front driveline currently as mine is getting slop in the yoke. The driveline would also have better angle too. Shock mount seems easy to move, if it even needs it. Brake line now goes backward 2" anyway, and could be lengthened if needed. Front of fender is easy to trim.
With Jungles front spring hanger, and steering box mount, it would almost be bolt in. Am I missing something simple? So why not?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I was on the "why not" bandwagon too. So I pushed my front axle ahead with ORD's zero-rate spacers. I'm somewhere between 1/2" and 1" forward now.

It helped the factory steering with the lift, and let me run a 2ndgen dodge driveshaft - which is a tad longer and handles the angle better. No fender mods and no rubbing.

·
Super Moderator
13,934 Posts
...considering the tire rubbing and such IMO there's no good reason to 'leave it where the factory had it', and yep if you use Jungle's hardware you can't go wrong - and if you go with a 52" front leaf spring your ride will improve too {cool}.  Mod the rear with a set of 63" leafs like the procomp 13211s (3.5" lift) or the 13711 (5.5" lift) and delete the lift block and it'll ride like a Cadillac :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
As far as Jungles kit and softer leafs, vs 4 link and coil overs, which is the better bang for the buck?
Obviously leaf suspension upgrades would be cheaper, but I’m pretty sure my 1/2 ton W150 long box reg cab has 1 ton suspension because it rides like my tires are made of concrete. And that’s with only 30 psi! 4in lift on 33’s, crossover steering and Jungles frame box kit.

·
Super Moderator
13,934 Posts
typically the longer the leafs the better the ride.  Also, if the suspension doesn't sit 'in' the leafs then the ride will be very rough.  By 'in' I mean the leafs compress a couple inches or so before supporting the weight.  Some older trucks have nearly zero compression in the rear leafs because they have way too many leafs in the pack and the truck simply rides 'on' the springs, which means a very rough ride.  It's one of those fine lines for leaf spring selection, and my basic rule of thumb is if the truck cannot 'give' when I push down on the leafs then it is too stiff, but if it will push even just a little then the ride may be just right.  Hope that makes sense...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I currently run 4" Rancho front springs, and Skyjacker rear 4 inch lift with no blocks. Ride is ok, not rough or soft. I will probably start acquiring the parts for a project for next summer.

Jungle you still looking for mirrors? I have these, so maybe a partial trade?

·
Vendor
11,781 Posts
GUT said:
I currently run 4" Rancho front springs, and Skyjacker rear 4 inch lift with no blocks. Ride is ok, not rough or soft. I will probably start acquiring the parts for a project for next summer.

Jungle you still looking for mirrors? I have these, so maybe a partial trade?

Do you have a complete set of mirrors?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jungle said:
Do you have a complete set of mirrors?
I have only found 2 brackets like in the picture, one for each side. Still looking for more around my shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.