Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally finished my center console build. I started with a Tuffy Security Console (well worth the money if you're interested), and then proceeded to build in my stereo stuff. There's a 1 farad capacitor, distribution block, fuses, relays, and cooling fan in there now. I also cut oval holes for the seat heater switches (from that Durango) on the front, and am now installing the control harness as well. Worked everything out, drilled/cut all holes first, and then repainted. Turned out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. ;D

The box:

Front and back shots before the amps go in:

Both amps are in and power/ground is wired up:

Front and back shots from outside:

Note the cool Moon Eyes sticker covering the computer lable on the fan. That's my 13 year-old's idea. :)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
that came out pretty sweet

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Thats Bad azz Mke! i like the moon eyes sticker. :)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's funny Jimmy, I'd have thought you would have figured the Moe thing out by now, if anything due to the title "Moe's New Heart" that's been in this picture section since forever! It's something my kids labled the RC with from The Three Stooges, Moe, Larry and Curly; Moe being the one who is always pissed off, and that's what they think Dodge trucks look like - always pissed. :)

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
That looks great!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About $230 smakers - It's the 12.5" wide version. It was a tight squeeze with the factory seats/w armrests, but it fits perfect with the Durango seats now. If you're planning on getting one for a factory RC, I reccomend the 10" console for the best fit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Mike,
That is one excellent console.

I never had a console in my Ramcharger and was getting quite used to the open space between the two front seats (made it easier to go from the front seats to the back it you know what I mean). But after looking at the awsome job that you did, I may reconsider. Especially since the new carpet that I order came with the holes for the console area.

Awsome placement of the seat heater controls. Mine have been a little more challenging as I will be mounting them on the dash.

Once again, Impressive work.

Joe 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts