13,132 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
And Kitty Litter too?!!??!
that's oil dry ............

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
Frames back from the blaster looks amazing !
Blow it off especially the crevasses to get the sand out/off, wipe it down with acetone and spray it with self etching primer, then spray it with rustoleum mat-black paint 2-3 coats. It will last for years.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thanks ! I got lucky, I called several places got this done for 125 ! I threw in a tip and a case of beer ! every other place I called wanted 400 and up.
Rob

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
Thanks ! I got lucky, I called several places got this done for 125 ! I threw in a tip and a case of beer ! every other place I called wanted 400 and up.
Rob
"Way back when"..... I did a frame up on a 90 CTD, I had to replace the frame so why not.

8 years later in PA salt roads as a daily driver the paint was still on.

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
that is because of your prep work etch and all ... the top coat is not as IMPORTANT as whats underneath :) 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yepper, did a frame from a 72 cutlass. But w epoxy primer and gloss black rustolem 28 years ago .still looked like day1 when the car was sold bout 6 years ago

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The frame felt like rubbing your hand on a fingernail file. I used the compressor to blow out all the crevices sanded everywhere it would reach with 60 grit on a da. Wiped it down with acetone let it sit about 10 minutes then wiped it again with wax and grease remover tomorrow I'm going to apply two coats of Eastwood gray epoxy primer, the outside frame rails I'm going to coat with raptor liner the inside of the frame and crossmembers in semi gloss black rustoleum industrial paint and all the suspension pieces gloss black rustoleum. I bought a quart of rustoleum aluminum silver for the brake dust shields and some other parts. It's going to be a long process but I plan on keeping this truck I'm 55 so I want to finish it one time just how I want it.
Rob

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
The frame felt like rubbing your hand on a fingernail file. I used the compressor to blow out all the crevices sanded everywhere it would reach with 60 grit on a da. Wiped it down with acetone let it sit about 10 minutes then wiped it again with wax and grease remover tomorrow I'm going to apply two coats of Eastwood gray epoxy primer, the outside frame rails I'm going to coat with raptor liner the inside of the frame and crossmembers in semi gloss black rustoleum industrial paint and all the suspension pieces gloss black rustoleum. I bought a quart of rustoleum aluminum silver for the brake dust shields and some other parts. It's going to be a long process but I plan on keeping this truck I'm 55 so I want to finish it one time just how I want it.
Rob
{cool}

55 yeah I know that number for another 21 days. LOL................. :p

·
Registered
6,923 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
6,923 Posts

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
Got my new tank today ! No more side tank it's baffled and 20 gallons.
Rob
Nice looking piece.
Are you putting it where the spare used to go?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Kurt, yes I'm going to mount it where the spare was. I will post updates as I make the mounts and tabs.
Rob

61 - 80 of 103 Posts